What's new

How many gold plated super adjustables are out there?

Found one at a yard sale for 2 bucks. After cleaning it up, it's in excelent condition and it got me to do some research. Unfortunately I couldn't find much info on the razor. I was just curious as to the rarity of the gold plated super adjustables and their value. All feedback will be greatly appreciated...

Here is mine 1969 gold Adjustable. I don´t know, how long they are made. What year is yours?

proxy.php

I have one from 1st quarter 1970. I believe the gold versions were a Christmas promotional special introduced in the fall of 1969 that continued for most of 1970, but not beyond. These razors were produced through 1976, and into the 1980's in a cheapened version, nickel plated. There can't be anywhere near as many gold ones.

My gold version was available on eBay cheaper than most nickel ones listed, the main reason I bought it. Not in the best condition, but good for a daily shaver. There is as much nickel showing on the safety bars as there is gold.

They may be more rare, but I'm not sure the gold ones are any more desirable on the used market as the nickel ones, unless they're in NOS condition.

I have one from 1st quarter 1970. I believe the gold versions were a Christmas promotional special introduced in the fall of 1969 that continued for most of 1970, but not beyond. These razors were produced through 1976, and into the 1980's in a cheapened version, nickel plated. There can't be anywhere near as many gold ones.

My gold version was available on eBay cheaper than most nickel ones listed, the main reason I bought it. Not in the best condition, but good for a daily shaver. There is as much nickel showing on the safety bars as there is gold.

They may be more rare, but I'm not sure the gold ones are any more desirable on the used market as the nickel ones, unless they're in NOS condition.

Thanks alot for all the info. Mine too has some plate loss on the safety bars and other than some wear on the black tto knob its in excellent shape, I'm enjoying it more than my SS which I didn't think was possible.

I've got two, both unboxed. One has corrosion without a lot of plate loss, which I thought gold was not supposed to do. The other is in nice shape.

Top Bottom