What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Do freemasons do anything positive or is it just about avoiding speeding tickets? My ex partners father was very open in talking about the personal gains he had made and was truly abhorrent individual.

Do freemasons do anything positive or is it just about avoiding speeding tickets? My ex partners father was very open in talking about the personal gains he had made and was truly abhorrent individual.

Freemasons are the best organisation of men I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with that said that is my experience and won't neasisarily reflect yours.
As a mason you arnt likely to get out of speeding tickets, rather if the officer is a mason he's more likely to get grief as we strive to be better.
The fact that your father in law was in it for material personal gains disqualifies him from membership however there are wolves among sheep in all organisations, that said I don't know your father in law from Adam so I can't speak to his character at all.

Freemasonry is a personal journey of self development.

If you are trying to join Freemasonry by asking, "what can the fraternity do for me?" You will likely not be permitted to join.
You get out of Freemasonry, exactly what you put into it. There are no handouts.
It's about self enrichment, and betterment, and those are earned by a desire to be better and put in the effort. The brothers are more than willing to share their knowledge and help a brother out, if they have a true desire to learn.
Anyone who talks about what they gain from masonry in terms of material goods, or getting out of trouble, may be a mason, but they are not a mason in their heart. There's a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He sounds like the kind of person we don't want in our fraternity. Unfortunately, they slip in from time to time. In the obligation you take when you are first initiated, you swear an oath that you are not seeking membership for personal gain, nor will use it for such. I've had the unfortunate duty of voting the black ball a couple of times. They were men that I knew to be of unfit moral character who were slick enough to fool the investigating committee and make it to the point of having their petitions voted on.

We're supposed to be about becoming better people and in turn using that to help improve our local community. My lodge is active in the local community with donating to scholarships, Salvation Army kettles, roadside clean ups, and such. Vez did a good job nailing it, as well.

On a lighter note, does anybody have a clue as to where I could procure some mason jars with the square and compass on them? I searched high and low with no luck. My wife tried telling me that just because the jar has the word mason on it, doesn't mean it's Mason mason. I pointed out to her that it was the opinion of The Worshipful Master of the Household that by virtue of having the word mason emblazoned upon it, it is indeed Masonic in nature. It is most handy in the purpose of being called from labor to refreshment. I then proceeded to give an illustrative lecture utilizing its fellow working tools of ice, Canadian Club, and R.C. Cola. Keeping in mind not to convert the purpose of refreshment to intemperance or excess. I then rapped my gavel, a crab claw mallet that was handy, and declared it so ordered.

I think my wife might be on the phone with the local psychiatric hospital discussing straight jacket sizes after all that.

Last edited:
Best bet would probably be buying stickers to put on them Brother. I am never seen such a jar before but I have seen them with stickers on them at some of our BBQ cookouts

We just met for the first time in 2 months (dark over the summer). Elections are next meeting..... time to move up!

My Brothers!

Yesterday I was installed as Junior Warden of our lodge. Today is our first meeting and we have two first degrees! Can't wait. Looking forward to my time in the south.

Lots of studying ahead. Our SW will be moving away mid year, and I have a feeling I'll be skipping a chair next year.... eek!

proxy.php

@TheVez2 congratulations brother just remember as Junior Warden of your lodge you have the most important and highest responsibility against all other offices of the lodge, never let your Worshipful Master down make him proud and also your lodge.

My Brothers!

Yesterday I was installed as Junior Warden of our lodge. Today is our first meeting and we have two first degrees! Can't wait. Looking forward to my time in the south.

Lots of studying ahead. Our SW will be moving away mid year, and I have a feeling I'll be skipping a chair next year.... eek!

Congrats Brother; you’re going to do great!

Brothers,
I hail from Cornerstone Lodge #178 where I am a past master. I am the current District Deputy Grand Master for the 2nd Manhattan District in the Grand Lodge of the State of New York.

Not sure if I count yet, but I am currently in the the investigative stage at Apollo Lodge #357 for University of Oxford, UK- very excited to be joining :D

Well the time has finally come. On December 11th I will journey to the East and be installed as WM of my lodge. Looks like it is going to be a big event and will even have at least one Past Grand Master involved. If there are any Brothers in the GTA that would like to visit that night, just let me know. It would be great to meet you and put some faces to (screen)names

David

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wow, my brother. Soak it in. I literally had standing room only for mine, good ole Montrose lodge no. 428. You will, Lord willing, NEVER forget it. It's been 28?years this month for me, and I swear I nearly remember every handshake, lol. Congrats!

Well the time has finally come. On December 11th I will journey to the East and be installed as WM of my lodge.

Congrats Brother!

I literally had standing room only for mine

Wow! We’re lucky if we can fill all the chairs on a given night, let alone the seats! Installation nights are filled with family, but not many other brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations, and enjoy your year.
We do an open installation for families and friends. I always give this advice to our new WMs, and if you are WM of an active lodge, I say the same to you: You will never feel more honored the day you are installed into the East. You will never feel more relieved the day the next guy is.
I didn't even get a chance to enjoy the reception following my installation. It was, "WM, I need to talk to you." "Hey, I need a minute." "Brother, let me tell about (whatever)." We had - if I remember correctly - 33 lodge openings and conferred 36 degrees the year I was Master. When the guy after me was installed the following Dec., I was shaking hands, smiling, slapping backs, hugging, the whole nine yards.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Congratulations, and enjoy your year.
We do an open installation for families and friends. I always give this advice to our new WMs, and if you are WM of an active lodge, I say the same to you: You will never feel more honored the day you are installed into the East. You will never feel more relieved the day the next guy is.
I didn't even get a chance to enjoy the reception following my installation. It was, "WM, I need to talk to you." "Hey, I need a minute." "Brother, let me tell about (whatever)." We had - if I remember correctly - 33 lodge openings and conferred 36 degrees the year I was Master. When the guy after me was installed the following Dec., I was shaking hands, smiling, slapping backs, hugging, the whole nine yards.
Lol'd. Yeah, that's a rough year!

Top Bottom