What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

I'm Inner Guard four times in my Sydney Lodge and they won't allow me to take the next level, because of too many corrupted mason controlling the lodge before the installation whoever choose to get to take office in there local lodge. I've been given the opportunities to be temporally Junior Warden inside another local lodge at the Grand Lodge of England which is great.

In my lodge we barely have enough actively attending members to fill the seats and open. That's why I may need to skip a chair. I don't want to really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Inner Guard four times in my Sydney Lodge and they won't allow me to take the next level, because of too many corrupted mason controlling the lodge before the installation whoever choose to get to take office in there local lodge. I've been given the opportunities to be temporally Junior Warden inside another local lodge at the Grand Lodge of England which is great.

That's sad to hear speedy :(

That's sad to hear speedy :(
@Ferret619 too many master mason who serve their lodges for more than 10 to 20 years in NSW who never had the chance to get elected as worshipful master-elect to get the opportunities to the King Solomon chair, when a master mason take office as senior warden never got elected as worshipful master-elect.

Because the worshipful master has the right to control who the next master mason takes the senior warden chair will get elected as worshipful master-elect, always keep this in mind when you become a master mason not very many get to take office in there local lodge when the worshipful master choose who take office before the next installation.

And this also happen a lot when each mason take office around the lodge room, and we keep going around in circle every year not many get to take junior warden and senior warden for many years.

We are dark in July & August, but after that we meet twice a month. I wish it was more often. The lodge I was raised in met every week.

My lodge meets monthly and we generally seem to always have something on which is great but there are 7 lodges in my aria and we travel abit so the option to do something weekly is there but as an EA my options are limited of cause.

@Ferret619 too many master mason who serve their lodges for more than 10 to 20 years in NSW who never had the chance to get elected as worshipful master-elect to get the opportunities to the King Solomon chair, when a master mason take office as senior warden never got elected as worshipful master-elect.

Because the worshipful master has the right to control who the next master mason takes the senior warden chair will get elected as worshipful master-elect, always keep this in mind when you become a master mason not very many get to take office in there local lodge when the worshipful master choose who take office before the next installation.

And this also happen a lot when each mason take office around the lodge room, and we keep going around in circle every year not many get to take junior warden and senior warden for many years.
That's a real shame, my current WM is amount the youngest in the lodge and there seems to be a lot of support, perhaps traveling to other lodges and considering dual membership in a lodge who looks for sharing the chair?

My lodge hasn't had much work this year, but between Blue Lodge and York Rite obligations, I could be somewhere about five days a week if I wanted.

The year I was WM, we opened lodge 33 times - 12 stated meetings and 21 degree nights.

My lodge hasn't had much work this year, but between Blue Lodge and York Rite obligations, I could be somewhere about five days a week if I wanted.

The year I was WM, we opened lodge 33 times - 12 stated meetings and 21 degree nights.
That's phenomenal! Great work brother.
I once heard that in my state and surrounding aria, there are 6 meetings on any given night.
Not sure how true it is but it's great to know how well the fraternity stands

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In my lodge we barely have enough actively attending members to fill the seats and open. That's why I may need to skip a chair. I don't want to really.
Man, that is sad my Brother. I only say not to skip it, because it truly prepares you for the East. The year I was Senior Deacon the WM told me one night about ten minutes before lodge started that he was handing me his gavel to open the lodge and run the meeting! Nearly wet myself, lol.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yeah, nothing like that happens here.

You need to head up to my neck of the woods!
On a side note, a friend/co-worker asked to put me down as a reference. I said "you looking for another job?" He said it was for a "business reference." What do you mean? "I'm trying to join a fraternity." At YOUR age? says I? He laughed and said he's finally ready to join the Mason's. Here I've worked with him for going on 2 years and just found out both of us had Dad's that were Masons!

IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG

Raised about 45 years ago. I got out of the habit of attending lodge over 30 years ago, mostly due to work requirements. I worked in a hospital and did not get off work early enough to attend lodge. I was raised in a Turkish Lodge in Izmir, Turkey back in 73, quite a different experience from the ceremony here.

Raised about 45 years ago. I got out of the habit of attending lodge over 30 years ago, mostly due to work requirements. I worked in a hospital and did not get off work early enough to attend lodge. I was raised in a Turkish Lodge in Izmir, Turkey back in 73, quite a different experience from the ceremony here.
Wow I'd love to pick your brain! That sounds fascinating, I was entered just over a month ago myself

Like I said it's been 45 years. As I remember the initiate was placed in a small room, dress was adjusted, I think upper torso bared but cannot remember exactly. I was sat down before a small table with I think a triangular cloth upon which was placed a human skull, a small pile of what looked like salt and I think a knife. The only thing I remember was sitting there for a while, then being blindfolded and led into the lodge. The ceremony was very calm and then all I can remember when the blindfold came off was all the members had huge swords pointed at me and the other entered apprentices.

Like I said it's been 45 years. As I remember the initiate was placed in a small room, dress was adjusted, I think upper torso bared but cannot remember exactly. I was sat down before a small table with I think a triangular cloth upon which was placed a human skull, a small pile of what looked like salt and I think a knife. The only thing I remember was sitting there for a while, then being blindfolded and led into the lodge. The ceremony was very calm and then all I can remember when the blindfold came off was all the members had huge swords pointed at me and the other entered apprentices.
Interesting how things change.
That said I must urge you to remember your obligation, I know most info you can get online but still..not that discussing ritual is but u know

Last edited:
Top Bottom