How many dip pen nibs do you have?

How many dip pen nibs do you have?

• 1-10

• 11-25

• 26-50

• 51-100

• 101+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have over 100, including 10+ of Nikko G, Gillott 303, Gillott 404, and Leonhardt Principal EF. Plus about half a dozen Hunt 22. Looking to try the Tachikawa G and Brause 66 EF.

Not as many nibs as razor blades, but the nibs last longer.

I have over 10 for sure. I really only use the Nikko G and Tachikawa nibs though. I don't care for the italic speedballs, as my parallels perform much more nicely.

About 20, perhaps exactly 20. I got a couple of small lots of vintage nibs on eBay without really knowing what I was doing, but they included some decent usable nibs. Then I bought four or five modern ones recommended by other people. I haven't really gotten into dip pens the way I have fountain pens, but the nibs, and the kinds of holders I bought for them, were a lot cheaper.

About 20, perhaps exactly 20. I got a couple of small lots of vintage nibs on eBay without really knowing what I was doing, but they included some decent usable nibs.

The vintage nibs can actually be the best. I have only used one truly vintage nib before, but it was absolutely awesome. I have heard that an old nib "ages" in some fashion and this cannot be replicated with newly minted nibs. I thought it was an old wives' tale until I had the opportunity to use one.

I have so many nibs because every time I sent an order off the JNB, I just added a couple dozen nibs. No point in buying just a few at a time.

I would say well over 20 for me, too, thanks mostly to the generosity of others.

I have used mostly the Spencerian-type flex nibs. But they are all relatively cheap and fun to have.

I guess I have four or five nib holders, including regular and Spencerian oblique-type holders. I have been very tempted to get a fancy oblique holder!

Key flaw in your poll -- the absence of a 0 category. That is my score at this point.

No, that's not a flaw in the poll. That is a flaw in your collection..

Actually, I am surprised at the results. Initially, I was concerned that I didn't have enough categories at the high end (101-250, 250+). It is evident that many people simply do not have enough!

Top Bottom