What's new

How many different avatars have you used on B&B?

How many different avatars have you used on B&B?

• 3-5

• 6-10

• 11+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Very cool! Is that an F2 Photomic?

Yep, one of the first black bodies to come into the US. Got it from Frank's Highland Park Camera.

still have it too

proxy.php

Wow ... The Mods can change our avatar? I didn't know that.
They can do many things.

I had my avatar (and tagline) changed once I think. This was my favorite:

$bea.jpg

My first selfie.... wow I had some hair back in the 60's.....

proxy.php

And to think: kids today think they invented selfies. Hell, in my day to take a selfie you had to take a picture of yourself with your Nikon FM (or Canon or Pentax), develop it in your darkroom ( I never sent anything to Fotomat), print it, and then mail it to all your friends.

And you needed a mirror.

Man, I miss the old days.

Last edited:
And to think: kids today think they invented selfies. Hell, in my day to take a selfie you had to take a picture of yourself with your Nikon FM (or Canon or Pentax), develop it in your darkroom ( I never sent anything to Fotomat), print it, and then mail it to all your friends.

So, Dex, is your current avatar a selfie?

And you needed a mirror.

Needed to reverse the neg in the enlarger to counter the reversing effects of the mirror too otherwise the Nikon on the camera would have been reversed and said nokiN and no one would be caught dead shooting in public with a nokiN camera :a28:

Yep, one of the first black bodies to come into the US. Got it from Frank's Highland Park Camera.

still have it too

proxy.php

Very nice! I had a Canon F1 back in the day and a slew of FD lenses. I was devastated when they abandoned the FD mount. Sold off all my FD gear years go. I love the old film cameras, but I have gone all digital. For the kind of shooting I do it just makes sense.

Very nice! I had a Canon F1 back in the day and a slew of FD lenses. I was devastated when they abandoned the FD mount. Sold off all my FD gear years go. I love the old film cameras, but I have gone all digital. For the kind of shooting I do it just makes sense.

My wife had a Canon F1 and FTb body with about as many Canon FD mount lenses as you see in the case with my F2 bodies. We would go back and forth ribbing each other about who had the toy and who had the "real" camera.

She was upset when I suggested she sell the F1 when they announced there would be no more mercury batteries made. We did try to use the non-mercury replacement batteries but the meter was off even after having it calibrated for the slight difference in voltage as the new style battery would have "voltage float" as it aged and the meter would go off enough that she had to use my hand held Honeywell spot meter or ask me to take a reading for her.

Even to this day she refuses to use my Nikons (she holds a grudge it seems when it comes to cameras)

I keep my Nikon SLR film cameras as I bought all of them new and the lenses will fit on my D1X and Fuji S3 digital SLRs (Fuji S3 uses Nikon lens mounts).

The F2 was the last hand made spring shutter fired SLR Nikon made. After the F2 body they were all robot made and required a battery in them to trip the shutter at anything other than 1/60 sec. No battery in the F2 meant that the light meter stopped but the camera still functioned within the full shutter speed range (bulb to 1/2000 sec).

The F2 made me give up my old tank F photomics. It was a real step forward at the time it came out. When they came out with the F2SB with SBC meter I got my second black body. Never saw a need to upgrade them. Had an F3 and F4 for a short while but they were not as nice in the hand as my old favorite F2 and I never got into auto priority shooting as I came from view cameras into the SLR world in the way back years. I've sold most of my plate view equipment (the big dollar Sinar stuff) but I still have an 8x10 C1 Calumet and a nice wood field 4x5.

Now in the studio I use either the D1X or the Fuji S3, depending on whether I am going for print quality or web quality. Don't need the high rez of the Fuji for the web and the old D1X does just fine when you compress a jpg down to 50-70k in size :yesnod:

Out in the field I will use a point and shoot unless I am going out seriously then I just might take the wood field camera just to enjoy myself. All my shaving pics are taken with a point and shoot. Too much hassle to break out the DSLR for a "bathroom" shot

My wife had a Canon F1 and FTb body with about as many Canon FD mount lenses as you see in the case with my F2 bodies. We would go back and forth ribbing each other about who had the toy and who had the "real" camera.

She was upset when I suggested she sell the F1 when they announced there would be no more mercury batteries made. We did try to use the non-mercury replacement batteries but the meter was off even after having it calibrated for the slight difference in voltage as the new style battery would have "voltage float" as it aged and the meter would go off enough that she had to use my hand held Honeywell spot meter or ask me to take a reading for her.

Even to this day she refuses to use my Nikons (she holds a grudge it seems when it comes to cameras)

I keep my Nikon SLR film cameras as I bought all of them new and the lenses will fit on my D1X and Fuji S3 digital SLRs (Fuji S3 uses Nikon lens mounts).

The F2 was the last hand made spring shutter fired SLR Nikon made. After the F2 body they were all robot made and required a battery in them to trip the shutter at anything other than 1/60 sec. No battery in the F2 meant that the light meter stopped but the camera still functioned within the full shutter speed range (bulb to 1/2000 sec).

The F2 made me give up my old tank F photomics. It was a real step forward at the time it came out. When they came out with the F2SB with SBC meter I got my second black body. Never saw a need to upgrade them. Had an F3 and F4 for a short while but they were not as nice in the hand as my old favorite F2 and I never got into auto priority shooting as I came from view cameras into the SLR world in the way back years. I've sold most of my plate view equipment (the big dollar Sinar stuff) but I still have an 8x10 C1 Calumet and a nice wood field 4x5.

Now in the studio I use either the D1X or the Fuji S3, depending on whether I am going for print quality or web quality. Don't need the high rez of the Fuji for the web and the old D1X does just fine when you compress a jpg down to 50-70k in size :yesnod:

Out in the field I will use a point and shoot unless I am going out seriously then I just might take the wood field camera just to enjoy myself. All my shaving pics are taken with a point and shoot. Too much hassle to break out the DSLR for a "bathroom" shot

Wow- my first SLR was a FTb-N ;-)

Top Bottom