What's new

How many DEs/SEs in your den

How many DEs/SEs do you own

• Total voters
I have recently observed a few posts of shavers being content with their dens. Some are minimalists, some are content after exploration, while some are trying to dig their way out of the rabbit hole with more razor purchases.

So I figured a poll to see how many razors (DEs/SEs) shavers have in their den.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have recently observed a few posts of shavers being content with their dens. Some are minimalists, some are content after exploration, while some are trying to dig their way out of the rabbit hole with more razor purchases.

So I figured a poll to see how many razors (DEs/SEs) shavers have in their den.
Around 6 or 7? I only really use 2.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Unless I see something I think will shave a lot different than what I already have I think I am done buying razors. I bought everything from vintage to modern, mild to aggressive, razors that clamp the blade closet to the edge to razors that chatter like crazy, multi-plate and twist adjustable, stainless, bronze, aluminum, zamak, stainless. I think I have found what works best for me so - I hope - the search is over. If things don’t change expect I will sell most of my razors in the next year or so.

Just 1. I've purchased a lot of products thru the years but the one constant has been my EJ DE89. Was my first DE safety razor. I learned to shave with it. I know I've said it before around here but I've dialed in my technique so well using my knurled DE89 that I can't imagine a cleaner shave using something else. The emergence in recent years of more readily available and affordable stainless steel has made it hard though. I've wanted a milled SS razor for as long as I can remember.

Unless I see something I think will shave a lot different than what I already have I think I am done buying razors. I bought everything from vintage to modern, mild to aggressive, razors that clamp the blade closet to the edge to razors that chatter like crazy, multi-plate and twist adjustable, stainless, bronze, aluminum, zamak, stainless. I think I have found what works best for me so - I hope - the search is over. If things don’t change expect I will sell most of my razors in the next year or so.

Just curious, after your journey, what razor has you content now?

I think I have 13-14 total SE and DE razors…. 2 SE Razorock Hawks (v2 and V3) and around a dozen DE razors.

4-5 of my DEs never get used (Weishi, Wilkinson Sword, Lord, etc. but do use them for travel razors). I regularly use both SEs and 5-6 DEs.

I will be selling a few very soon though as I only need/Want a few razors moving forward.

Last edited:
3 DEs, an closed comb adjustable, a military issued open comb that gets used on special occasions, and an open comb that is used on occasion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I consider this first year my experimental phase (that's my excuse anyway). I am sharing the razors and experience with 2 sons; and my wife has taken the Leaf :).

There are currently 30 razors in the house, and that seems excessive. However, my sons will be moving out soon, so some of the razors will as well. I have begun thinning the herd through sales, PIFs, and gifts. There are 15 I will likely be keeping.

Have:
Fatip Piccolo Nickel Originale (OC)
Fatip Piccolo Chrome Originale (OC)
Fatip Grande Chrome Gentile (SB)
Karve Alu OC-F
Karve Alu SB-G
Muhle R41
A few boxed Fatips OC & SB in the drawer (Why? Backup of course! Plus they’re cheap!)

Inbound:
Feather Popular (Why? Idk…)
Blackland Era (whenever it becomes available)

Gifted, passed to family and friends:
Merkur 34C (2)
Merkur 15C
Edwin Jagger DE3D (DE89)
Rockwell 6C
ATT Alu Calypso H2/M2
Fatip Lo Storto Chrome Originale (OC)
Fatip Lo Storto Chrome Gentile (SB)

Currently 8 DE's

Merkur 34C HD
Merkur progress
Muhle R41 ( ikon 90mm SS handle )
Razorock GC 0.84-P
Razorock Lupo SS 72 & 95 base
Rockwell 6C
ATT windsor pro SB90
Gillette Slim J3

I have way more than I need. RAD hit me hard about a year ago. Have now sold off most that I bought, at one time I was over 40 razors DE & SE. I use three razors more than any others but it's nice to pull out one of those old friends just for a reunion.

If memory serves me right, here's a list of the razors in my den.

Timeless Ti .68SB
Timeless Bronze .38SB
Timeless Aluminum
ATT Windsor SSR1 & CM1 plates
ATT SE1
Colonial General SS V2
OneBlade Genesis
OneBlade Hybrid
OneBlade Core
1948 Gillette Aristocrat
2 Edwin Jagger DE89's
1 Muehle Rose Gold handled R89
1 Schick M3 Adjustable
1912 GEM Junior (1920's version)
1940's GEM Junior Baton Handle
GEM G Bar
GEM Featherweight
GEM Contour II
GEM MMBT
GEM Gold MMOC
Valet AutoStrop

13 unless I count a couple of different heads as induvial razors.
Here they are in the order I acquired them.
Started using DE razors in June of 2019.

Rockwell 6C
RR SLOC
Game Changer .68 / .84 / .68OC
Fatip Piccolo
Fatip Black Tie Nobile Original
Gillette Tech
Gillette Slim
Muhle R89
King C. Gillette
Maggard V3M / V3 /MR11 Handle
Merkur 33C
Baili BR 179
Merkur 34C

I voted over 50. Well over 50.

New and vintage. OC DE, Gem SE, and injector mainly. Too many AutoStrops. A few other custom blade vintage SEs.

SRs? Off topic, but possibly over 50 there too. I would have to include the restoration queue, though.

Thankfully RAD hasn't hit me too much, I'm content with one SE and one DE. Now brushes and soap on the other hand, those have been a runaway train!

Top Bottom