What's new

How many DE safety razors do you own?

I this might be the most well rounded collection I have heard of. Add an R41 and I think all the bases are covered.
Doh! Forgot the Merkur Futur. Had the R41 (and FaTip, Timeless .95, ikon tech, and more) but the Merkur surpassed them for smoothness and efficiency (for me).

Not to mention, 5 SEs that take artist club style blades.

Thanks for the compliment though.

I've got a 2013 R41 and a 2011 R41. Will probably sell both since I really don't much like that razor.

The R41 gives me a super close smooth shave. Problem is, I develop irratation on the next shave even with a mild razor. I call this stacking, building issues after a really close shave. I almost sold it but decided I would give it another chance. Stuborn or stupid, I will try it again.

I have 10 razors. Thats it, 10.

Shhh. SWMBO was looking over my shoulder, I think I've got a little bit more than 150. Theres about another 30 if you include SEs, and half a dozen Straights. I got bit by RAD as soon as I joined this forum and have been searching for the best head shave razor that I can find locally. I have purchased a few from vendors and a couple from other members but most were picked up at antique and collectable shops.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just did a quick count & I'm around 35 and that is it for a while and have used all but 3 that are in transit. Vintage razors are attractive because they can be had cheap for user grade(Not Collector grade). But when you like a brand name and buy lots on the Auction house you can get duplication. I do not want to sell any of them at the moment, I would part my duplication and some of my DE razors if I get the urge some day. Even if you get half price for them it still worth the enjoyment and experiences of the collecting & using. My son will get some of my duplication razors and the rest well who cares other than myself.
Have some great shaves!

Somewhere @ 25.

The majority are vintage Gillettes. Really like using a razor that is older than I am (65).

Vintage slant and a Cooper Monobilt (have to be careful with that one)

Also have a couple of Feathers, Game Changer, EJ, Merkur Futur.

I know I am missing something...

Have reduced my collection since I got a Rex Ambassador. No need for other razors

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

B

Barney14

I just have one razor a Yaqi with the Tech type head, its really nice to use and gives a great shave with pretty much any blade.

I loved my Techs but the Yaqi is just that bit better, i just could not get on Fatip, Merkur, Muhle and even a Fatboy.

I am not a collector so having razors collecting dust isn't an option.

I really appreciate the help and advice given here to help me find my perfect razor, my only advice is try loads of blades in many razors, a good shave is more about technique and the best blade and razor combination than spending lots of money.

Top Bottom