What's new

How many DE razors? With a twist...

I have four razors:
Rex Ambassador--my daily driver. Great razor, built like a tank!
Merkur 38 HD--my first DE razor that I take with me when traveling now. Used to be my daily driver.
Vintage Schick Krona--used occasionally. I have a soft spot for Schick products.
Micro Touch One--found some at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Used only once or twice.

I also have an Assured DE razor from Dollar Tree. I bought it to try the blades that came with it. I don't even consider this hunk of metal to be a razor, it just looks like one!

I've tried to cycle through all of them (usually 4 shaves at a time, which is what I get out of a DE blade), but for a while I was buying faster than I could try them. There are probably close to 100 that I haven't gotten to as of yet. I have circled back to many that I enjoyed and neglected many that I've never given a chance, which has slowed down the process.

Been DE shaving for 4 months. So far I'm up to 6 and have another 4 on the way!
And I'm sure more will come, LOL!!
(Off topic but I've also got 4 brushes, several soaps and tons of different blades)

Merkur 23C
Parker 97R
Wet shaving club, The "winning" razor
Razorock Lupo DE Aluminum
Parker Variant adjustable
Pearl Flexi adjustable
Merkur Futur adjustable (on the way)
Merkur 33C (on the way)
Yaqi slant head (on the way)
Feather Popular (on the way)

How many razors do you own (not counting collector pieces - only those you acquired to shave with) that you've never used even once?
A great question

All my razors are collector pieces. I think about 500 razors. I'm not absolutely sure as I've never counted them all. I have many that I have used once or twice, some that I will never use and one, a flare tip superspeed that I use 99% of the time.
One. I bought it as a project razor just to see if I could do a home nickel plating job. I haven't done anything to it since I got it except check its mechanism.
How did the home plating work out? Was it hard / difficult and where you happy with the outcome?
These are my two main displays in my home office.
Some beautiful razors there. Love the traveler set. It looks to be in very good condition. And a nice looking regent tech case up the top there. 👌

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve now used the RazoRock German 37 and Sedef barber razors. The 37 exceeded my expectations and the Sedef reminded me why so many people prefer AC-format barber razors to half-DE barber razors.

I like to think the RazoRock German 37 would be perfect if the blade tabs were covered (uncomfortable shaving around my ears), but even that is a plus as I look weird completely bald.

None. So far I have used all my razors. I am with @BigJ on this one - I use my razors rather than collect them. Which is not to say that I do not admire a great collection like @Old School TSD has. Simply beautiful and how nice to be able to watch it regularly from your home office desk. I imagine it is a great conversation starter as well.

It's hard to count with three-piece DE razors. Probably a dozen heads, although I have far more handles since I upgraded all my stainless steel ones to aluminium or titanium.

I've only been DE shaving for a few months, and so far I've probably got about 25 razors. I've bought a bunch of old Gillettes recently. Most are multiples of certain models. As I clean them up I find that they need to be sent off for a tune-up, and there are some that I'll get re-plated, too. Then, there are the ones I've bought to repurpose the handle on to another razor.

I only shave a couple of times a week, and with a big learning curve to get the best shave with each type, this could take a while.

So many razors, so few whiskers. :001_smile

Last edited:
Too many, but not any where close to what the other fine folks here have.
I only have one face, so I don't have that many. Maybe 10 in total.

I've got quite a few razors, somewhere near 200. There are two I've never used once (and neither has anyone else). I've got a Merkur 34G and a Gillette Psycho razor that are brand spankin' new. I'm debating gifting the Merkur. The Psycho I just don't want to muss it up.

Zero for me.

Some time ago, I concluded that I am a ‘user’ rather than a ‘collector.’
I too consider myself a user rather than a collector. The five that I own, are all used from time to time, with one being my 'daily driver.'

Now don't get me wrong, I've nothing against collectors. In fact, some of my best friends are collectors! :lol:

Very interesting and informative thread. I'm an outlier I guess in that I have only owned two DE's since I started shaving with DE's and I used them both. I had a Henson and then bought a Yates. I eventually sold the Henson and use the Yates every day except when I travel and then I use a clone Trac II.

Whether it was made for WSC or not, it sounds like your Yates is a Winning razor.
What's WSC mean?
Yes, I really like the Yates. I use the M plate most of the time and once in awhile will use the H plate for just a different experience. I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to having "things" so I sold my Henson even though it was really nice. I just liked the Yates better and figured I did not need two razors.
The collectors and real enthusiasts on this site though have a alot of razors they use and it was really valuable to me for researching when I wanted to by a DE.

Top Bottom