What's new

How many DE razors? With a twist...

I know there have been many threads asking how many razors you have, but this one is different (I think). I'm sure someone will let me know.

So, I've been wet shaving with a DE razor for just about 3-4 weeks, and have a bad case of RAD. No surprise, it has happened before with guns, knives, watches, etc.

As I look at the razors I have acquired, I'm realizing that it's going to take some time before I actually use them all. You see, I HAD to have them, but I am trying to stick with each one for at least 10 shaves, or so, as I learn how not to butcher my face and hopefully appreciate the differences between each. I shave every other day, so it's going to be a long process. Forget about different blades, though I do have a bunch of those too.

All of which means that I have 13 razors, 10 of which I have never used. I intend on eventually using them all, including the 5 vintage razors I haven't tried yet. None of them are "safe queens", just solid users.

So, the question is:

How many razors do you own (not counting collector pieces - only those you acquired to shave with) that you've never used even once?

Four:
Schick L4, kind of rare and just another L.
Schick type O, still in sealed bag. I have a shaver grade.
Wilkinson Sword Empire seven day set, just haven't got to it yet.
Jones Shake Sharp, because it hasn't arrived yet.

Probably 3 or 4 dozen, maybe more. I used to actively look for them at flea markets, yard sales, ect. After collecting a small pile, I kinda quit looking.

Hi,

Zero. I have used all my razors. Not that I have many. 124. That's a right good many!

When you said Twist I thought of my daily use razor:

And, the backup because you can't just order a new one. They have to be hunted down:

And, the heirlooms:

And, the Open Comb Collection, used during OCtober:

The Old Type and the Fasan are in the OCtober set so, don't count them twice.

And, the newest, actually modern, actually still in production one:

And, don't count that Schick Repeater in the OC set. That's a single edge. My only SE razor.

So, 12 DE razors. If I counted correctly. :p

Stan

Well, I'm done buying for now. I'm much more comfortable wet shaving and intend to start mixing it up a little more. I admit that I'm anxious to try all of my razors, and use most on a regular basis so I'm just going to cautiously jump into the deep end.

I only have a couple dozen de's and 6 se's and have used them all. I am now on straights and have around 50 of them and have used about half. The other half I have to work on them and hone them up to use.

Thanks. I needed this. 124? Wow,
Yep. It's a hobby. Find them, finish them, keep them, re-home them.
These are my two main displays in my home office. In my guest bath there's another couple dozen...8 Gillette's without cases, a bunch of Schick, Gem, other in a small wall cabinet, and a handful of modern razors (Feather, Occam's, Rex, RazoRock, WCS, and Merkur)
I need to increase the number of non users to two though...I have a spiral tech travel set still in the cellophane.
To me, that's the value of a large collection. It stays in the condition it's in a I can only use them a couple of times a year, if everything gets is fair share... which it doesn't.

Attachments

• 20220330_095616.jpg
    20220330_095616.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20220330_095632.jpg
    20220330_095632.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Yep. It's a hobby. Find them, finish them, keep them, re-home them.
These are my two main displays in my home office. In my guest bath there's another couple dozen...8 Gillette's without cases, a bunch of Schick, Gem, other in a small wall cabinet, and a handful of modern razors (Feather, Occam's, Rex, RazoRock, WCS, and Merkur)
I need to increase the number of non users to two though...I have a spiral tech travel set still in the cellophane.
To me, that's the value of a large collection. It stays in the condition it's in a I can only use them a couple of times a year, if everything gets is fair share... which it doesn't.
Your re-homed 1957 Superspeed is one of the razors I haven't used yet, but I'll get to it. 🙂

Top Bottom