What's new

How many DE blades do you have on hand?

I am keen to know how many blades DE enthusiasts have in their "collection". I am finding that I am becoming a little compulsive as I have about 350 blades on hand, enough to last me for about 3 years, but I have this perpetual desire to buy more different blades. I sometimes get a notion that I must stock up in case the blades I like become unavailable in my country for some bizarre reason. I actually enjoy seeing my stock of blades increase. It feels very OCD, but somehow, I do not feel that this is a waste of money, as blades are very cheap and DE shaving is something I will continue to do for the rest of my life. I will never again support the rip off cartridge industry. I think I will only stop at about 1000 blades!

Can anyone else relate? Am I abnormal, or is this a normal desire that accompanies the love of Wet Shaving?

Am I abnormal, or is this a normal desire that accompanies the love of Wet Shaving?

Yes. :thumbup:

We're all a little abnormal here. How many folks do you know in real life who drool over 75-year-old razors or debate the advantages of menthol-based aftershaves vs. witch hazel? And part of that abnormality is the various ADs. You've got a very minor touch of RBAD (DE version). Me, too. I have somewhere around 400 blades laid up. Enough to last me probably 4 years if I never bought another blade (Ha!). But your 350 or my 400 are nothing. Some of the guys here have thousands of their favorite blades set aside. Why? They're cheap and readily available and neither statement might be true next week. So they stock up. Cheap, harmless insurance. And they make great PIFs.

Can anyone else relate? Am I abnormal, or is this a normal desire that accompanies the love of Wet Shaving?

I can certainly relate. That said, most shavers probably don't hoard quite as many blades as I do. I'm somewhere between 4 and 5000 by now.
- Chet

About 3500, including 700 Gillette Silver Blues because they're my favourite and also discontinued. I have 800 Super-Max Super Platinum because they're cheap yet awesome. They have already jumped 36% in price at bestshave.net since I started buying them there.

I have a bit under 850 on hand. I got 300 Shark SS, 100 Shark SC, 100 AsSPlats, 200 Personna Lab Blue, 150 Israeli Blues, and a few odds 'n' ends. I don't need more. So help me, Joe Isuzu! :blink:

This is the problem as a newbie, you tend to post topics that have already been done. Thanks jwilock, I read the thread in the link you posted. Wow, now I don't feel like a guilty hoarder anymore. I think I will pop over to my favourite wholesale store accross the road and stock up on a 100 more, just to made double sure and to enjoy a little "comfort" purchase.

Top Bottom