What's new

How many DE blade per year?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The number was higher when I was trying lots of blades, but now that I have decided one blade, I change every two weeks or so but sometimes go longer.

I consider myself a daily shaver. I don't skip regularly, but will take a break from the routine if there's a hectic morning, early fishing trip, or plain old sunburnt during the summer for example.

This year I'm targeting using 20 DE blades

5 or less in the past year and maybe 5 SE blades -- since I started SR shaving, my use has dropped dramatically to the point that I won't have to buy anymore blades, so my stash of Spoilers and Vintage Wilkinson Sword blades probably won't run out.

I think I am on 30-40 blades perhaps although it feels less.
Following this thread I went back to my paper journal and took stock of my blade usage. The last 7 months I used 5.8 blades per month. If I extrapolate that to 12 months I would have used 69 blades. I am a daily shaver using a the pass shave normally.

Cheers,

Guido

12 tops. As a vintage blade user, A few years back after realizing this l decided to slowly scale down my stash and am still in that process.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It depends how often I shave. At the moment, I'm only shaving 2 or 3 times per week, but I do go through phases where it's close to daily, or I might go a week without.

Most blades give me 10 good shaves, but occasionally I'll get a blade that is enjoying itself so much, it doesn't want to give up, and will go 30 or more. On average, I might use 20 blades a year. Oddly (as I mentioned in another thread recently), if I don't count shaves, they seem to last longer.

In years gone by, before I signed up to Badger and Blade and started trying all manner of different things, I could easily go a year on a single pack of 5 blades.

Top Bottom