What's new

How many DE blade per year?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Two weeks out of a blade, 52 weeks in a year; I guess 26 blades. What'd I win?

It's a little higher because I've been known to bail on a razor that isn't working for me. Bail twice and I will put the razor away for a while, bin the blade, get out a fresh razor and blade and go two weeks. I might do that twice in a really bad year, so still under 30 blades.

I have two unopened hundreds of Astra SP plus one that I've been using for a little while. If each box lasts me about four years I probably have ten years of DE blades. When I kill off the present hundred and open the next one I'll buy another one.

O.H.

I was on 7 shaves per blade in the beginning, but now I get 10 shaves per blade depending on the blade. I think I am on 30-40 blades perhaps although it feels less.

And I have blades to shave until I’m 80 (roughly) so for the next 33 years I should be set - well technically speaking…

Guido

I'd say 50ish. I shave every other day and usually bin a blade after 4 shaves. However, there are times when I'll cut a blade short if it's not sharp or smooth enough, and there are also times when I'll shave on back to back days for special occasions.

I'm not sure whether your reply to a few of my posts are either to provide reassurance or a persausive nudge to buy more blades/boar brushes, I will take it as the latter.

:thumbup:

(I will buy some Gillette Minoras soon and more Omega boars too!)
I love Minoras in my R89
Have you tried the Platinum version ?

Probably around 60 blades per year. If I get extravagant, maybe 75. Should be set for the next decade, provided the trend stays the same. I expect to get more GEM blades at some point.

Top Bottom