What's new

How many days of growth for the most comfortable shave?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
With a straight razor it doesn’t matter how many days between shaves and they are much kinder to the skin than a DE. Something to consider.

Shaving daily with a straight razor so no skin irritation. Since going to a SR, I now shave for the enjoyment.

Why don't those with sensitive skin shave with a SR?
Might be a YMMV thing? I've never had razor burn that was even a small fraction as bad as I did from using a shavette(poor technique, but still my experience). I purchased 4 different vintage straight razors and paid to have them honed by 2 different people and could not get any of them to do anything but tear the hairs out of my face, they made Derby Extra blades feel like sharp, smooth shaving surgical quailty blades. Since then, they've all sat in my drawer and I've consistently gotten the smoothest shaves of my life with DE razors. I will pick those straights up again at some point, but I currently have no desire because of the comfortable DE shaves I'm getting.

I'm bearded now. But when I did go clean shaved, I was very inconsistent with the number of days I took off between shaves. If I felt the stubble was too long, I'd get my clippers out and trim it down with no guard.

Every other day. I don't really mind shaving daily if needed, though. A mild razor such as a Gillette Tech is good for that.

I shave every day, four passes. No irritation. I'm lucky, as I greatly enjoy it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom