What's new

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day?

Used to be 8-9 a day, break down was:

2x drip in the morning
2x espresso around 10
2x drip around 1
2x espresso around 3
1x Armenian coffee around 5

Started having issues with my blood pressure and the doctor told me I needed to cut down on the coffee and stop drinking.

I stopped drinking coffee and cut down my alcohol intake drastically.

Now, 5 years later, I have one cup of Armenian coffee in the morning (or a double espresso if I'm running late) and another 2 singles throughout the day and a glass of scotch after dinner.

Last edited:
A cup of dense, dark roast with milk and sugar after dinner and occasionally an espresso mid afternoon if i'm out socializing, that would only add a couple shots per month.
dave

I used to, three years ago, drink one 10 cup pot of coffee five days a week. I'd brew the coffee using a drip system with as much grounds as possible without any overflowing into the coffee then I'd take that fresh coffe and pour it through a new filter full of grounds. This stuff could curl your toenails.
After awhile I started to get horrific headaches if I went more than three days without coffee. I talking migraine level headaches. It took awhile to realize that these headaches were caused by caffeine withdrawals. This is when I decided to go cold turkey. Worse two weeks of my life. I had the migraine level headache the entire two weeks.
Now I'm so sensitive to caffeine more than two cups of coffee in one day will make life miserable for me the next day if I don't get another caffeine fix.
I miss coffee and decaffeinated still has enough caffeine to mess with me, so I go without.
So please enjoy a cup of coffee for me.

2 16 oz cups - one for the drive in and to start the day at work and the other right around 10. That one can site around a long time - sometimes I'm taking the last bit as I head home around 3. Which may mean I don't need it, but it's a habit to have it.

-jim

I fix two cups in the morning, drinking one right away and the second one about an hour later. That is usually it for the day.
Now, when I go to Colombia, I'll drink coffee all day long without imposing any of the problems that it would cause me to do so at home.

Attachments

• $P1020388.jpg
    $P1020388.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 38
I'm the only coffee drinker in the house so I hand-grind for a 12 oz mug when I get up. I never have time for a second one before work so I stop at the convenience store and get a travel mug full (89 cents for 16 oz) which I drink during the day. When that's done, I'm done.

I refuse to pay $3-$5 for a "Starstruck" coffee which doesn't taste as good as homemade.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I used to drink 6 to 8 cups a day.

But my glass thing broke, so now I drink maybe 6 cups a day. But some of it gets spilled because the glass thing broke.

I'm looking at 30-40 oz per day, with 12 oz drip at home in the morning and the rest coming from the Flavia version of kcups at work. Very occasionally, I will get 16 oz of drip from the coffee shop near my office.

Used to drink coffee continuously all day long until about 5pm.
Now, only have a cup first thing in the morning if at all. Have acquired more of a taste for premium teas and that is my usual fare.

Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com

2 16 oz cups - one for the drive in and to start the day at work and the other right around 10. That one can site around a long time - sometimes I'm taking the last bit as I head home around 3. Which may mean I don't need it, but it's a habit to have it.

-jim

I'm the same way. One cup for the commute, and one around 9.

During the week, 2 cups per day.On the weekends, maybe 3-4. 4 is pushing it-get too amped. Backed off considerably over the years due to reflux. Never drink coffee after 12 noon.

Top Bottom