What's new

How Many Countries Do You Own Razors From?

I have noticed a few countries that made me look twice. Are people putting the country of manufacture or the country the razor was marketed in?

For example, my first DE was made for the NZ market by Gillette, but manufactured in England. I would have counted that as being in my UK stash if I still had it. Also many businesses have their brand made in China. Are they Chinese razors or the country they are made for?

Just curious, however you wish to categorise them is fine.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
🇩🇪 Rotbart Mond Extra Old Type, Rotbart Mond Extra #15, Rotbart Mond Extra RFB, Rotbart Mond Extra 5021 Set, Hoffritz Slant, Hoffritz Travel Set, Henckels Henso.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Gillette Single Ring, Gillette Goodwill, Gillette New Flat Bottom, Gillette Red Tip, Eclipse Red Ring, 7 O'Clock New Flat Bottom.

🇫🇷 Leresche #34, Gibbs #14, Gibbs #16.

🇯🇵 Feather Artist Club DX.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have noticed a few countries that made me look twice. Are people putting the country of manufacture or the country the razor was marketed in?

For example, my first DE was made for the NZ market by Gillette, but manufactured in England. I would have counted that as being in my UK stash if I still had it. Also many businesses have their brand made in China. Are they Chinese razors or the country they are made for?

Just curious, however you wish to categorise them is fine.
Then you have Titan straight razors. Steel from Japan, scales from Madagascar, ground and assembled in Taiwan, shipped to Hong Kong for marketing and sold in China. I call them a Taiwanese SR.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It’s not a competition. More of a curiosity, really. I’m sure there are some people who have 100+ Gillettes from the US and that’s what they like and collect.

It might be interesting after a while to look back through the thread and see which countries come up the most.
I was joking around. My odd sense of humor rising its ugly head. <eg>

I was an unintentional minimalist when I first showed up here. That has changed, obviously. One razor, one brush, 4 soaps/creams. Ignorance is not only bliss.... but much less expensive. <Eg>

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I was joking around. My odd sense of humor rising its ugly head. <eg>

I was an unintentional minimalist when I first showed up here. That has changed, obviously. One razor, one brush, 4 soaps/creams. Ignorance is not only bliss.... but much less expensive. <Eg>

I don't know, ask Cipher that question, I think the price was too high for him.

The Matrix GIF

Also, I have a question for you Kim, do you own any vintage razors, or do you just have modern ones like me?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't know, ask Cipher that question, I think the price was too high for him.

The Matrix GIF

Also, I have a question for you Kim, do you own any vintage razors, or do you just have modern ones like me?
Chris,

I'm still a one razor guy.... I have a polished Claymore Evolution (now out of stock and I doubt they'll make them again) and two matter finish ones... well, a second head only is on the way from the UK. I bought it because I am going to buy a Darwin handle from Wolfman in 6 months or so and I want it displayed. So I'll have three razors displayed on our bathroom vanity top.... two with the Timeless Ti Crown handles and the other one with the Darwin when it gets here. I'll use the OEM handle until then. I plan to keep different brands of blades in each razor just for fun.

The RR Lupo is in a drawer, unused. The Gillette Fusion Power and some cartridges are under my side of the double vanity in our bathroom.

So to answer your question: no, I don't own any vintage razors. I did think about getting a Gillette tech from my birth date but I knew I just wouldn't use it and I have no desire to display it, so that's off.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Chris,

I'm still a one razor guy.... I have a polished Claymore Evolution (now out of stock and I doubt they'll make them again) and two matter finish ones... well, a second head only is on the way from the UK. I bought it because I am going to buy a Darwin handle from Wolfman in 6 months or so and I want it displayed. So I'll have three razors displayed on our bathroom vanity top.... two with the Timeless Ti Crown handles and the other one with the Darwin when it gets here. I'll use the OEM handle until then. I plan to keep different brands of blades in each razor just for fun.

The RR Lupo is in a drawer, unused. The Gillette Fusion Power and some cartridges are under my side of the double vanity in our bathroom.

So to answer your question: no, I don't own any vintage razors. I did think about getting a Gillette tech from my birth date but I knew I just wouldn't use it and I have no desire to display it, so that's off.

Dude, you are so lucky that you were able to get a polished Claymore Evolution when you did! I literally had no idea, they were about to run out of production on those razor, crazy! 😲 But, the best part about your Claymore Evolution purchase, is that you actually love it, completely! I'd say that the Claymore Evolution is a dear close to your heart, only second, to your amazing wife! 😍

Now that is fascinating, because I remember when you bought the Timeless Crown handle for your Claymore, which I think was a perfect decision BTW, that I stand by your side completely on! :blushing: What can I say? I am a sucker for Timeless, the love I have for my razor is well, really quite timeless infact. Yes I said it, and I will say it again hehe! 😁

But its interesting that you are now going to go with a Darwin handle next from Wolfman! Wolfman is even more expensive then Timeless, but 6-months will give you plenty of time to save, yes sir! I think you are a professional experimenter, you like to experiment with different pieces of different razors, and franken razor them things, to approve their ergonomics, and the way they look.

Plus, as an added bonus, you are also probably improving your love appeal of them, when you franken them to your specifications. And I see you almost got a vintage, well, there's always plenty of time to get one in the future if you should desire. I think your pretty awesome Phoenix, so glad we have you around, because you are entertaining me with all your experimentation that you are doing. HEHE 😁

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Dude, you are so lucky that you were able to get a polished Claymore Evolution when you did! I literally had no idea, they were about to run out of production on those razor, crazy! 😲 But, the best part about your Claymore Evolution purchase, is that you actually love it, completely! I'd say that the Claymore Evolution is a dear close to your heart, only second, to your amazing wife! 😍

Now that is fascinating, because I remember when you bought the Timeless Crown handle for your Claymore, which I think was a perfect decision BTW, that I stand by your side completely on! :blushing: What can I say? I am a sucker for Timeless, the love I have for my razor is well, really quite timeless infact. Yes I said it, and I will say it again hehe! 😁

But its interesting that you are now going to go with a Darwin handle next from Wolfman! Wolfman is even more expensive then Timeless, but 6-months will give you plenty of time to save, yes sir! I think you are a professional experimenter, you like to experiment with different pieces of different razors, and franken razor them things, to approve their ergonomics, and the way they look.

Plus, as an added bonus, you are also probably improving your love appeal of them, when you franken them to your specifications. And I see you almost got a vintage, well, there's always plenty of time to get one in the future if you should desire. I think your pretty awesome Phoenix, so glad we have you around, because you are entertaining me with all your experimentation that you are doing. HEHE 😁
Chris,

I'm glad you are getting to know your Timeless. I'm sure you'll look back after a few months and see all the progress you've made. Even though I've been using the same razor for 4 months, I'm still learning things all the time.

The Darwin caught my eye when one of the vintage Darwin razors was posted here. I googled them and found out how expensive they are. Then I saw a few here attached to Wolfman razors. I didn't realize they made a Darwin hmmmm copy, I guess you'd say. Anyway, the price isn't half bad.... .about the cost of one of my Claymore Evolutions. The heads are what make the Wolfman so expensive... along with their razor stands. I'm not going to order one of the Wolfman stands... they are more than the handle. I have a few very inexpensive stands on the way to see how they'll look on the vanity top.

USA:
Above the Tie Windsor, .80, Kronos handle
The "Winning" razor
SCS-Model A, (waiting for it to arrive)

Germany:
Merkur 23C
Merkur 33C

India:
Pearl Flexi adjustable
Parker 97R

Canada:
Razorock Lupo DE Aluminum
Razorock Lupo .72 SS
Karve CB Brass, "D" plate .98, 3.5" handle (waiting for it to arrive)

Japan:
Feather Popular

China:
Yaqi agressive slant

List of eventual purchases (Countries & Brands):

USA (Blackland Tradere)
Portugal (Tatara)
Poland (Stando Polska)
Ukraine (Smart-Helix)
Austria (Greencult)
Russia (Homelike Start 2)
:)

Last edited:
My entire list:

🇨🇦 - Razorock Game Changer with both 68 & 84 SB & OC plates, Razorock Lupo with 72 SB and 95 OC plates
🇺🇸 - Tradere OC-00145, Tradere SB-00325

Only razors currently on my radar for potential acquisition (VERY much dependant on budget) are maybe a Wolfman, a Blackland Vector, and if the demons of the interweb see fit to bless me with the opportunity at a "reasonable" price a Darwin. I also intend to get one of Wolfman's Darwin handles eventually.

Top Bottom