What's new

How many coffees a day do you drink?

How many coffees per day do you drink, in average?

• 3 or 4

• 4, 5 or 6

• 7 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Usually two double espressos before I leave for work, and two more once I'm there (if I'm going to the office). If I'm at home, I'll usually have a third double. I don't drink coffee after around midday though.

If it didn't make me wired and stop me sleeping, I'd drink more - I love the stuff! When our Gaggia espresso maker died, I got sent on a forty mile round trip to get another one RIGHT NOW, because my good lady couldn't cope with the idea of a single day without it!

When I was a vet student I had more coffee than blood. Now it's probably more like 3-4 cups a day, mostly in the morning. It depends on what the day is like. On heavy surgery days, I'm lucky to get more than what I drink on the way to work.

Used to be more, now only 2 before noon. Ever since I got a sleep tracking app on my phone I've noticed a direct correlation between even afternoon coffee and the quality of my sleep. I can't decide if that makes me old or just a nerd! (or both!)

Well im 39 work 2nd shift and wake up to get the kids to school coffee is my FRIEND.

Caffeine via coffee is ambrosia.

Used to be more, now only 2 before noon. Ever since I got a sleep tracking app on my phone I've noticed a direct correlation between even afternoon coffee and the quality of my sleep. I can't decide if that makes me old or just a nerd! (or both!)
Interesting. By quality of sleep do you mean extra tossing and turning? Or waking up (without remembering the next day?).

Interesting. By quality of sleep do you mean extra tossing and turning? Or waking up (without remembering the next day?).

The app (called Sleep As Android) uses the motion sensor to determine "light sleep" vs. "heavy sleep," and from there to map sleep cycles and calculate where REM sleep probably occurred. I've been experimenting with things like coffee in the late afternoon vs. no coffee after 11am, etc. I suppose there's a pretty high chance of psychological/placebo effect here, but when my caffeine is earlier I sleep with long, solid cycles while it's broken up more with late caffeine. Totally UN-scientific, but the difference is remarkable.

It's really messed up my coffee drinking habits! I've decided the best is a bunch of coffee right before lunch-- keeps me sharp through the afternoon but is out of my system by bed.

Top Bottom