What's new

How many brushes do you own?

I only have four. An Inexpensive Omega boar which is my favorite and three synthetics.

It strikes me that I have more brushes of the type that I don't like as much!

Dissatisfaction with my first synthetic is what lead me to purchase two more. I still really like my boar brush over the synthetics, but I don't have a desire to buy another boar, because the one I have is perfect.

So I wonder how many brush purchases are driven by dissatisfaction over satisfaction. Would a person who has never found a boar brush that they liked better than their badgers naturally own, or have purchased, more boar brushes than badgers?
I took advantage of the synthetic pass-around box to try out a wide variety. So I discovered my way into boars with only one badger and one synthetic purchased before. Both of which were the only ones I could find locally(until later)

I took advantage of the synthetic pass-around box to try out a wide variety. So I discovered my way into boars with only one badger and one synthetic purchased before. Both of which were the only ones I could find locally(until later)
I'm signed up for the next synthetic pass around. I'm kind of intrigued with how good the synthetics have become.

I had 7, gave 2 to to my friend and have one that's stuffed away due to a love/hate relationship. Down to 3 Simpsons (Chubby 2 synthetic, Chubby 2 best badger and a Wee Scot. Also a Proraso Pro boar. These meet and exceed my expectations.
20190215_194144.jpg

So far my favorite is a $9 Omega 10066 Boar. It's not too big, not too small. I have control over it. It was cheap!

Omega 10049 - WAY too big for me. If you're not careful, you may get shaving cream on your forehead
Semogue 620 - I find the shape weird and it's not great for the final paint once lathered

Omega 20480 for creams, 10049 for pucks, 20106 for croaps or creams, Zenith 507U for face lathering, the Tiny Sultan for travel.
Favorite knot and handle the 20106, superb. If Omega made that in resin with the same knot, I'd be willing to pay $50 for it.

C0E6E021-1495-40B5-B277-8A32F9988BDF.jpeg
I should of stayed away from the forum because there is a definitely bug going around. Now I am a fully fledged patient (or as my wife would say a clinical case)

Omega 20480 for creams, 10049 for pucks, 20106 for croaps or creams, Zenith 507U for face lathering, the Tiny Sultan for travel.
Favorite knot and handle the 20106, superb. If Omega made that in resin with the same knot, I'd be willing to pay $50 for it.
You fail to mention the one I like the most, the wooden handled one dead center! Is it a custom?

You fail to mention the one I like the most, the wooden handled one dead center! Is it a custom?

That's the Tiny Sultan travel brush. $5 turkish boar brush from ebay with a wooden handle. I stained it myself.

To many that's a normal sized brush, but I can barely hold it, feels tiny.

That's the Tiny Sultan travel brush. $5 turkish boar brush from ebay with a wooden handle. I stained it myself.

To many that's a normal sized brush, but I can barely hold it, feels tiny.
The stain and finish has made it quite an attractive brush! Small by my taste(Omega Pro 10098 user), but looks worth a try.

The stain and finish has made it quite an attractive brush! Small by my taste(Omega Pro 10098 user), but looks worth a try.

10098 will be my next purchase when I finish off some of the software. I'm so pleased with the Zenith Manchurian, I don't think I need more badger brushes. Endgame quality. I'm definitely a boar wrangler.

10098 will be my next purchase when I finish off some of the software. I'm so pleased with the Zenith Manchurian, I don't think I need more badger brushes. Endgame quality. I'm definitely a boar wrangler.
Yeah, my sty of boars :) :How many brushes do you own?
and others
I'll probably get a higher end badger at some point in time, but am quite happy with my boars. So it might be a very long time!

Yeah, my sty of boars :) :How many brushes do you own?
and others
I'll probably get a higher end badger at some point in time, but am quite happy with my boars. So it might be a very long time!

Sweet collection. I love the barber handles! 10098 will be my dedicated brush for the bathroom sink friendly Proraso mug. But to be honest I just want it because it looks badass. :cool1:

Boar gives me the barbershop and badger the gentleman experience.

4 boars
18 badger brushes
40 synthetics

I haven't used a boar brush in about 2 years! I really should use them but I love the synthetics and the badger brushes give me a nice change up.

I currently have 2 one on the way. Expon synthetic badger, proraso professional boar, and the one on its way is simpson chubby 2 synthetic.

M

member 119848

I currently own 8. Which is quite a bit for someone who has a minimalist mindset like I do.
But I love them all! :001_smile

1. Wolf Whiskers 24mm Silvertip badger
2. Simpson Wee Scott
3. Simpson 46 Berkeley best badger
4. Whipped Dog silvertip badger

Also have a few of the classics found at antique stores for restoration and resale or pif's

Omega boar or badger, I really can't remember, it's been years ago when I bought it and Mühle boar.
No favorite one, I use them every other day so they can dry well.

Top Bottom