What's new

How many brushes do you have in your rotation?

12 Brushes, 3 shelves 4 brushes per shelf, I have room for 2 more brushes on my top 2 shelves
Top shelf Elite Razor, M&F, BradSears, Rooney; 2nd self is all Rudy Vey’s; 3rd shelf Graydog, Spiffo, Omega Premium Jade, Simpson’s Tulip T3 Super
EC06C95E-128B-4D96-9BEC-6079BB32D230.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you like the Pinaud Clubman synthetic?
I do like using it primarily for creams at home and face lathering when I travel using a soap stick, or get back to traveling. It took a little getting use to as the loft gives it quite a bit of stiffness. It does build later quickly and well. The size is great as it does fit inside a cardboard toilet paper roll center. Happy I have it.

Own four brushes; use three of them in regular rotation. Two Shavemac badgers and a Chubby 2 in best. The fourth is a large Kent in Silvertip and is too big for regular use.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Paladin Moe
Simpson's Persian

Simpson's Wee Scot
Simpson's Case 1
Simpson's Trafalgar T3
Omega boar 40033
Doug Korn badger 24mm
Doug Korn badger 30mm
Doug Korn badger 26mm
Doug Korn pure badger 26mm
Semogue Caravela
Vie Long pure
Vie Long LE badger
Stirling boar
Thater 24mm
Omega midget badger
Shavemac 26mm
Pif'ed 4 to a nephew - now 13

Top row: These are my top 5 brushes, not in ranking order but by height
RV Red Wolf 28mm Shavemac 2 band
Morris & Forndran 26mm Finest
BradSears 28mm Estate
RV “Favorite” Butterscotch 26mm Elite Manchurian White knot
Simpson’s Duke 3 “Ruby” Manchurian

Middle row: These are my 6-10 brushes
Elite Razor 26mm Manchurian White
RV Beehive Butterscotch Swirl 28mm Shavemac 2 Band
RV Samurai Jade 26mm Shavemac 2 Band
RV Mandarin 24mm Shavemac 2 Band
Simpson’s Tulip T3 22mm Super

Bottom row:
Graydog 28mm Synthetic
Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Omega Premium Jade Boar
Zenith Faux Horn 24mm Silvertip
Rooney Butterscotch 21mm Shavemac Finest

When my group Buy arrives one of the brushes in the bottom row will be PIFFED
it will not be the Graydog or the Rooney these 2 brushes will never leave.
3ADA2F48-8411-4ED3-ACB4-5EDB1AA53FCA.jpeg

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've many - mine are arrayed like above, I'm pretty simple, just work through them left to right, top to bottom then repeat .. or buy new brushes from BST & have to sell something, actually one in the picture earlier looks familiar

Top row: These are my top 5 brushes, not in ranking order but by height
RV Red Wolf 28mm Shavemac 2 band
Morris & Forndran 26mm Finest
BradSears 28mm Estate
RV “Favorite” Butterscotch 26mm Elite Manchurian White knot
Simpson’s Duke 3 “Ruby” Manchurian

Middle row: These are my 6-10 brushes
Elite Razor 26mm Manchurian White
RV Beehive Butterscotch Swirl 28mm Shavemac 2 Band
RV Samurai Jade 26mm Shavemac 2 Band
RV Mandarin 24mm Shavemac 2 Band
Simpson’s Tulip T3 22mm Super

Bottom row:
Graydog 28mm Synthetic
Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Omega Premium Jade Boar
Zenith Faux Horn 24mm Silvertip
Rooney Butterscotch 21mm Shavemac Finest

When my group Buy arrives one of the brushes in the bottom row will be PIFFED
it will not be the Graydog or the Rooney these 2 brushes will never leave.
View attachment 1270695
That is a really nice and somewhat manageable collection. I have two RV brushes and a number of Simpson brushes as well as the Omega Jade brush. The Omega is my only boar and probably my least favorite. That being said, the Omega is very different from the other brushes and provides a completely different experience. Though a different lathering (I’m a face-latherer), it always provides a good lather and shave. Based on my experience, looking at your collection and the many excellent brushes you have, I would not get rid of the Omega Jade.

That is a really nice and somewhat manageable collection. I have two RV brushes and a number of Simpson brushes as well as the Omega Jade brush. The Omega is my only boar and probably my least favorite. That being said, the Omega is very different from the other brushes and provides a completely different experience. Though a different lathering (I’m a face-latherer), it always provides a good lather and shave. Based on my experience, looking at your collection and the many excellent brushes you have, I would not get rid of the Omega Jade.
Thank You I appreciate and value your opinion

Doug

I have 11 brushes in my rotation which leaves room for one more to make a dozen 🤣

View attachment 1232672

Simpson - Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger, Duke 3 Manchurian, M6 Manchurian, Chubby 1 Manchurian, Coates Fitzwilliam Pure, Classic 1 Best, Wee Scot Best.

View attachment 1232673

Semogue - 2019 LE Finest, 2011 LE Finest, 2016 Foro Afeitado Finest, 2018 LE Finest.
Very nice selection of brushes

Doug

Twelve brushes for me right now, and I promise not to buy any more (until I buy my next one -- LOL !)
A nice balance of six badgers and six synthetics ..... each one is a pleasure to use. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Top shelf Synthetics .... RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip (hidden in back left corner), Stirling Tuxedo,
Simpsons Trafalgar T2, Yaqi Tuxedo, Yaqi Sagrada Familia, and Yaqi Chianti.
Bottom shelf Badgers ..... Elite Razors Manchurian, Simpsons Duke 2 Best, Simpsons Special Best,
Simpsons Colonel X2L (upside down), Simpsons Berkely 46 Best, and Stirling Butterscotch Finest Fan.

View attachment 1232733
I am not big on Synthetic’s, but very nice collection of badger brushes

Top Bottom