What's new

How many brushes do you have in your rotation?

Currently I have 5 brushes in my rotation. A sixth brush, an Omega 24mm synthetic Hi Brush is my dedicated travel brush and lives in my dopp kit. I just ordered a seventh brush this morning, a PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush. My plan is to stop at 7 brushes(in rotation, 8 total) and use a different one everyday. I mostly use a shave scuttle so I prefer longer handles.

From left to right: WCS 26mm Two Tone Silvertip. WCS 24mm Beacon Silvertip, AP Shave Co. 26mm Cashmere fan, Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown synthetic and Yaqi 24mm bluish violet synthetic.

View attachment 1233456
What are your thoughts on the AP cashmere fan? Been thinking about getting that knot for a handle I have.

What are your thoughts on the AP cashmere fan? Been thinking about getting that knot for a handle I have.
The tips are very soft and it splays well. Not so much backbone but I don't have a problem loading soap. If your lather is overly wet it will fling it. The shape of the knot does affect the backbone. A typical bulb shape has long fibers in the middle and shorter ones on the outside to provide support. With the fan shape most of the fibers are similar length so you tend to lose backbone but get more splay.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I spy with my little eye... a gorgeous M&F Persian Jar in jade, clearly the pick of an outstanding litter.

You have a good eye @Owen Bawn ;)

I have a great affinity, or a weakness, a soft spot, call it what you will, for the M&F brand

@Cino recently posted a pic of one in the brush acquisition thread, a two tone Heritage edition L7 in Blonde Badger, that made me go weak in the knees and feel lightheaded......

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
You have a good eye @Owen Bawn ;)

I have a great affinity, or a weakness, a soft spot, call it what you will, for the M&F brand

@Cino recently posted a pic of one in the brush acquisition thread, a two tone Heritage edition L7 in Blonde Badger, that made me go weak in the knees and feel lightheaded......
Yes I saw that one-- "L7th Heaven" was my response. I saw a blue L7 hiding in the background on your windowsill. You have some gorgeous 2 band M&Fs. They must be delightful on the face.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I spy with my little eye... a gorgeous M&F Persian Jar in jade, clearly the pick of an outstanding litter.

BTW - the Persian Jar in Jade is what knocked me out of one of the monthly GRUME's back in Nov or Dec. I have learned that when you constantly peruse the Brad Sears website, you're not going to make it through one of those monthly restraints......

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Paladin Moe
Simpson's Persian
Simpson's Wee Scot
Simpson's Case 1
Simpson's Trafalgar T3
Omega 40033
Doug Korn badger 24mm
Doug Korn badger 30mm
Doug Korn badger 26mm
Semogue Caravela
Vie Long pure
Vie Long LE badger
Stirling boar
Thater 24mm
Omega midget badger
Shavemac 26mm
"found" a Doug Korn pure badger 26mm

Owen Bawn

BTW - the Persian Jar in Jade is what knocked me out of one of the monthly GRUME's back in Nov or Dec. I have learned that when you constantly peruse the Brad Sears website, you're not going to make it through one of those monthly restraints......
Tell me about it... this took me out in February... it came a week ago but I haven't wet it yet. This Sunday it makes its debut...
Gus26_Ebony_Lt Lavender_Estate (1).jpg

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Yes I saw that one-- "L7th Heaven" was my response. I saw a blue L7 hiding in the background on your windowsill. You have some gorgeous 2 band M&Fs. They must be delightful on the face.

Yes, Thank You, I'm very proud of my little collection

My L7 in cobalt blue was acquired on a popular auction website. It's kind of neat because it's a 24mm, a smidgen smaller than most of the collaboration brushes Sabani and Brad seem to only do these days.

The two little stubby's were acquired here on the BST from a guy who got them directly from Lee in England around 2013-14 before the collaboration, when the enigmatic and somewhat fickle Sabani was rather hard to get in touch with.

Owen Bawn

Yes, Thank You, I'm very proud of my little collection

My L7 in cobalt blue was acquired on a popular auction website. It's kind of neat because it's a 24mm, a smidgen smaller than most of the collaboration brushes Sabani and Brad seem to only do these days.

The two little stubby's were acquired here on the BST from a guy who got them directly from Lee in England around 2013-14 before the collaboration, when the enigmatic and somewhat fickle Sabani was rather hard to get in touch with.
The Brad Sears I just bought is his last 26mm knot, and he said he won't be buying any more. Everything is 28/30 now. I'd love an L7 in a 24mm size. I have the Paladin version of the L7, but it is 26mm.

BTW- there is a M&F 2XL in Briar on Brad's 'Ready Made' page that nearly got me.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy

@Owen Bawn when I first got these two I was slightly disappointed as I was not aware how small they actually were, and of course back then I was under the mistaken impression that all brushes should be whopping behemoth lather hogs. I thought I might resell them but then I told my wife the story about how mysterious Lee Sabini was, and guys would count it a great success if he responded to their emails, she explicitly forbid me to get rid of them. I have since come to appreciate their quality and soft feel. Marrying a spouse that is smarter than me and is truly my better in every quantifiable measure has been a blessing ;)

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
BTW- there is a M&F 2XL in Briar on Brad's 'Ready Made' page that nearly got me.

Yes, I was aware of that one :)

BTW - Did you see the "Highlander" handle in tortoise a while back? Another member on here, I can't remember who excactly ended up with it. It's a stunner....

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Just stumbled across one you forgot you had, eh? :) You're sounding like the member in one of the other threads recently who just happened to find a couple of Charcoal Good's DE's that he forgot he owned.......
I sold a Weber razor a few years ago and had terrible sellers remorse. After some discussions in threads I realised I had another Weber. Go figure. RAD, SBAD are terrible afflictions.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I sold a Weber razor a few years ago and had terrible sellers remorse.....

You know that's interesting to me and makes me wonder how many other members on this board have shared this experience. I got an incredible steal of a deal on a eBay purchase one time on a vintage Gillette New Short Comb, it was quite grungy, but after soaking in hot water and Dawn, it cleaned up remarkably and looked amazing. It was a great shaver. I ended up selling it on the BST and of all the items I've sold, it's the one I regret. Even though I now have TWO others of the exact razor, one that is a beautiful replate! I suppose I still miss that one because I got it for such a great deal and it cleaned up so well.

The only brush I'm using now is a cheap omega boar (the larger kind). It's really great for me. I do have another smaller omega boar but I rarely use that because it can't seem to hold as much lather as the bigger one.

Top Bottom