What's new

How many brushes do you have in your rotation?

I had three, but I love the RazoRock 400 so much, I bought a second one and retired the other two. The black handle has not been used yet due to my participation in FFFMM.

AA234CF0-2339-4D24-AF74-78C684E90712.jpeg

Now six in my home rotation. It had been five until I unfortunately inherited the brush I bought for my father. The order of use follows.
  1. Rudy Vey Rubberset 200 type Manchurian (2019 LE)(inherited).
  2. Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2 band (2018 LE.
  3. Omega 011842 (Connaught Jade).
  4. Simpson Classic 2.
  5. Simpson Duke 3 best.
  6. Simpson Chubby 1 super.
In my Dopp kit for travel I use a Simpson Major super and in a second kit for in-town overnight stays I use a Simpson Wee Scot and on occasion a Simpson Classic 1 synthetic which I keep trying to like but have never really liked.

The home rotation uses the same soap throughout the complete rotation cycle.

Rotation? I only use one brush.
I have a second brush but I don't like it enough to use. I hope to re-knot it one day.

It's not really a rotation. I have like 50ish brushes and the only rule is I don't use a brush 2 days in a row (just in case it needs more time to dry).

Top of the heap is my Rooney which is a "special occasion" brush. I've used it less than 20 times in 10+ years. It's inhumanly dense, and probably the best made brush I've ever seen.

Then I've got one boar I use when I'm in the mood. Zenith Short n scrubby.

Then a handful of three bands I use when in the mood. Mostly Vintages and Simpsons Bests.

A couple vintage two bands and pures that are really exceptional that I'll grab here and there for a change of pace.

Then there are my mixed badger/boar brushes. These are my daily brushes. I've got maybe 20 of them at the moment. They're my "stand in" for the Rooney. Nowhere near as dense, but similar in performance and feel, and still really dense. I use one of these 9/10 of the time.

I only have two brushes.. an Omega 636 and a Yaqi synthetic. The omega has predictable good performance and the Yaqi was a surprise. It is dense and feels great when using it. In addition capillary action hold a lot of water in the bristles and works really well with my thirstier soaps (i shake some water out for soaps that thin out with too much water)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
26 in the current rotation, which is stupid I know.....way too many... but I love them all, what can I say?

View attachment 1234465View attachment 1234466

I've got about 10 or so under the sink not in rotation, including 3 that I'm attempting to reknot myself....
I spy with my little eye... a gorgeous M&F Persian Jar in jade, clearly the pick of an outstanding litter.

Top Bottom