What's new

How many brushes do you have in your rotation?

I currently have four brushes that are in my rotation. I have a fifth but it needs a new knot. I’m not sure if I’m going to invest in replacing it and I may just throw it away. It doesn’t have that much of a sentimental value to be honest. That brush is about 30+ years of age and was my primary brush for about eight years before I got additional ones to rotate with.I guess it took a beating and it causes the hairs to become brittle overtime because of lack of reconditioning and rotating it with other brushes. I just recently added a Thater to take its place. All my brushes are natural composite. Badger of some type of configuration to be precise.. I find by rotating my brushes basically will make them last as long as I’m around on the planet.So far this is proving to be true. My next old is brush is a Hans Beiar Badger that’s almost 25 years old and better than the day I received it as a gift.I really haven’t cleaned it much “ other than a sterile rinse and dry” in the past couple years and it still hasn’t lost any hairs. I believe it’s due to the fact that I rotate my brushes on a regular basis. I like to hear some other thoughts on the matter from those who Do the same. It’s been my experience that this has been a combination that has allowed me to have my brushes for a long time without replacing the knots.

3 grooming co short handles
4 brush guy long handles
All synthetics

but I use the brush guy most due to the long handles and a deep bowl and swap without schedule

And I have a boar I never use

Last edited:
Too many... I like collecting brushes to rotate through and it just kept growing! I've been meaning to pair down but it's hard to let go of any because I like to revisit them throughout the year. That said, I think I have around 30 brushes.

19 and I would say that's it for now...all are really affordable brushes for my rotation...

20210306_163032.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have 11 brushes in my rotation which leaves room for one more to make a dozen 🤣

20210131_190507.jpg

Simpson - Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger, Duke 3 Manchurian, M6 Manchurian, Chubby 1 Manchurian, Coates Fitzwilliam Pure, Classic 1 Best, Wee Scot Best.

20210131_190717.jpg

Semogue - 2019 LE Finest, 2011 LE Finest, 2016 Foro Afeitado Finest, 2018 LE Finest.

The high BAD fever is slowly going down and the weeding out process is started.

Thanks to B&B I switched from Omega boars and one gifted though not overly liked badger to this (6-7 not pictured):

744173B1-B560-4CC0-B49D-C8C6BD5C1E5D.jpeg

So I will try to a) to find my favorites out of the bunch and b) to rotate out/sell/PIF 2 for every new addition. As with soaps (4-6) 10-12 brushes seem to me currently the optimum between familiarity and variety.

I have 11 brushes in my rotation which leaves room for one more to make a dozen 🤣
Simpson - Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger, Duke 3 Manchurian, M6 Manchurian, Chubby 1 Manchurian, Coates Fitzwilliam Pure, Classic 1 Best, Wee Scot Best.
Semogue - 2019 LE Finest, 2011 LE Finest, 2016 Foro Afeitado Finest, 2018 LE Finest.
Ten. Not counting the EJ synth that lives in the shower and the SOC boar that stays at the beach. That’s me done. Too many brushes, too little time.
The high BAD fever is slowly going down and the weeding out process is started.
Thanks to B&B I switched from Omega boars and one gifted though not overly liked badger to this (6-7 not pictured):
So I will try to a) to find my favorites out of the bunch and b) to rotate out/sell/PIF 2 for every new addition. As with soaps (4-6) 10-12 brushes seem to me currently the optimum between familiarity and variety.

Very classy and beautiful brushes!! Absolutely candies for my eyes😍!!!

Twelve brushes for me right now, and I promise not to buy any more (until I buy my next one -- LOL !)
A nice balance of six badgers and six synthetics ..... each one is a pleasure to use. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Top shelf Synthetics .... RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip (hidden in back left corner), Stirling Tuxedo,
Simpsons Trafalgar T2, Yaqi Tuxedo, Yaqi Sagrada Familia, and Yaqi Chianti.
Bottom shelf Badgers ..... Elite Razors Manchurian, Simpsons Duke 2 Best, Simpsons Special Best,
Simpsons Colonel X2L (upside down), Simpsons Berkely 46 Best, and Stirling Butterscotch Finest Fan.

26FE345E-19E2-4563-8497-20DE1702941A.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom