What's new

How many brushes are currently in your rotation?

How many brushes do you have in active use?

• 1-5

• 6-10

• 10-15

• More than 15

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not curious about those in your drawers or cabinets if you don't reach for them according to some routine or schedule. I'm just curious about how many "active" brushes you have.

I have just 2 active brushes at the moment ... Semogue 1305 and a Rooney 3/1 Super ... the 1305 gets much more face time, especially this time of year when Tabac soap is my go-to component for lather.

In the drawer are close to 20 other brushes of assorted shapes, styles and qualities. But these two rose to the top as the ones I like to use on a regular basis.

My total is 11 active and 4 inactive with 3 new ones on the way. I am trying (and not succeeding) to keep my active brush count to 12.

I've pared down my brush collection considerably over the years. The brushes I still own are shown below. I use all but two of them in my rotation.

proxy.php

I have about 12 in my cabinet that I'm using and another 15 in the closet some get used, some dont.

A Finest, 2 Bests, a Horse. And now the new forum Boar. There is a FS Synthetic which was seeing use until I got used to it.... now only if I need something fast drying for whatever reason. A travel brush, then, though not at all a small brush.

I have 10 brushes. I say I use all of them but some more than others. Here's the order of brushes by number of uses (mind you this list is not accurate given that some brushes I've owned longer than others).

Shavemac D01 2-band
Plisson with Shavemac D01-3band
Rooney 2XL Jade
Rooney 1XL
M&F 2-band heritage fan in genuine horn
Rooney 2/1 Finest
Rooney 1/2 Finest
Rooney 3XL
Rooney Stubby 1 Finest
Thater 3-band in RV emilion handle.

The Stubby 1 is new (to me) and will slowly rise to top 2. The 1/2 is with AgBill and will also rise to top 3. The Rooney 3XL and Thater hardly get used and the Thater will probably go at some point if I happened to want another brush.

I have around 25 brushes and I use them all but not in a planned order. I can use one or two brushes for months in a row and then take out one that hasn't been used for over a year.

Top Bottom