What's new

How many blood-free shaves in a row?

I have been getting really good shaves lately. Close, comfortable, and most importantly: blood free!

36 shaves to be precise, which is a total of 72 days since I shave every other day. Not bad since I used to bleed at least once every few weeks on average. Got some new styptic pencils and matches to try out a few months ago, still haven't, and not complaining either!

How about you? How many shave days without an incident? Redness or irritation doesn't count. Blood must be shed whether it be weeper, nick, or gusher. Check your logs, your brain if you have total recall, and report back!

3-4 months or so. Happens so rarely that I don't even bother keeping track.

In my first few months of wet shaving, it was about a cut per shave.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I had a slight weeper in May after using the Wilkinson Sword Classic (black plastic)! I hadn’t used it for ages and the weeper was so slight it stopped bleeding fairly quickly without
any alum block or styptic pencil.

I’ve had 12 shaves since and have used the R41 and Futur since!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Started DE shaving about a month ago. Two minor cuts. I am very deliberate and use less aggressive razors. Never shave ATG, just started enjoying a second pass. Super sensitive neck is sometimes a problem. Not trying for BBS, but I’m ok with the results I get. Comfortable shaves for me.

Couple of months. They're so rare nowadays (even with skin tags) that I don't bother to track them.

I echo a few above with, I don’t rightly know, a month or two? I think it was when I used a Derby Extra a bit ago. 🤷‍♂️

Not gonna lie: I get them whenever I get careless. Shavette/straight razors aren't forgiving of careless mistakes. If I used a safety razor, I'd probably forget the last time I knicked myself. As it stands, I take a small weeper or knick as an occupational hazard of my favorite method of shaving, and not really worry about it. I'm not too proud to admit that even monkeys fall out of trees. 🙈🙉🙊

0 shaves without blood for me. In fact I've had at least 1 weeper each of the last 3 shaves. Part of it is I'm trying out a Blackland Blackbird that's more aggressive than the Ti Timeless .95 that I've gotten used to. It seems like with the Timeless that I can be about as reckless as I want without any issues and that's resulted in a few bad habits I've picked up.

Been getting nicked more and more recently, I suspect it's because I've been switching my gear around a lot after a bit of buying spree a couple months back. A fixed four should remedy everything.

I'm one of the Lucky Few: bleeding is never a problem. In eight years, I have had one sweeper and maybe four nicks. Dunno why, beyond I am careful. I swap out blades every 3-4 shaves.

Oh man, has to be 90 to 100. Now to be fair I have been at this for 40 years, I shave every single day and none of my razors are of the crazy aggressive type.

Several months now last serious was when I got the broman and did not pay proper respect.
And now not even when switching from broman to qshave and back...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have gone for a couple of months or more blood-free shaving at least daily with a straight razor. It's now been 7 hours since my last bloodletting.

Coming up to two years blood and weeper free, I'm on blood thinners. Leaf Razor and two days with a Parker semi-slant.

Top Bottom