What's new

How many blood-free shaves in a row?

I don't mind a little weeper every other shave, I mostly get these when going over an uneven part of my skin. What's more important to me is that I get no irritation/redness. I have a pretty tough beard and can get an irritation-free BBS (or close) without prep. A small weeper is gone after a splash of cold water.

2 right now but to me the bigger factor is normally post-shave irritation. I have had small nicks and/or weepers in some shaves with no irritation. I have also had blood free shaves with lots of irritation post-shave. I prefer the former to the latter considering the quality of the shave is really the same. The alum seals up the nicks/weepers pretty quick anyway.

I electric razed for over 30 years, hopped directly to DE (read no carts ever) back in Sept 2019. I think I have had maybe 5 weepers and in the first 5 months, zero cuts, not even a drop since. DE came pretty effortless to me as I just respected the blade and it has always returned that respect in great shaves.

For me, it’s all about how often i shave. When i was shaving with a cart, i truly never had any weepers. I shaved only twice a week though. Now that i shave every other day, it’s pretty common to get weepers. But if i wait 3 days instead of every other, no weepers. Guess it just takes my skin that extra day to recover. But i go all out for BBS every time so if i skipped the cleanup pass it’s probably be way less often.

About two weeks ago I got a little nick, when my wife wanted something under the sink cabinet. One of these days I'll learn to stop shaving when my wife comes into our bathroom. Otherwise I usually have a nick free shave

If it wasn't for my f**** up skin I could say a few years. Because only blood I get is when I have a whitehead on a nasty place and end up nicking it a bit. I do less damage than I would do piercing it with a needle...if I must count that blood draw too then it's 3 days xD

Well, so much for my 2 month streak! After using a Feather for several shaves, I went back to a Nacet and was a little too “confident” and ended up with a minor weeper on my chin.

Styptic pencil to the rescue, and have to reset the clock!

I cut/nick myself much less frequently now than when I started 2.5 years ago. I chalk it up to improved technique and better judgement about picking the right razor/plate for the specific shave.

I rarely nick myself, but I did catch myself a couple of weeks ago going a little too fast on my neck and drew a teeny bit of blood. Cold water closed it right up.

Top Bottom