What's new

how many blades do you have? who has the most blades on the forum?

I am coming close to 13000 now. Expecting currently 300 to arrive. During the years past I have bought at least 400-500 of each blade I liked. Some I have 700-800 pcs (like Gillette 365)
You belong in BOSC cause that’s crazy. If you shave only once on each blade and you shave every day, your stash will last over 35 years! Since you probably don’t do all that, you will likely never use all your blades. Have you given thought to who you are going to will them to?

Reactions: saj
2306 if my accounting is accurate. Should last me on the order of 400 years of daily shaves.

Favorites are Gillette Silver Blue, Personna Lab Blue (probably the best of the bunch) and 7 O'Clock Blacks (Super Platinum from India).

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Maybe 70, mainly PIRs with a dozen or so Crystals and 3 Feathers. Crystals are my favorites.

You belong in BOSC cause that’s crazy. If you shave only once on each blade and you shave every day, your stash will last over 35 years! Since you probably don’t do all that, you will likely never use all your blades. Have you given thought to who you are going to will them to?
I have already written it in other threads. Some blades [like the 7 o'clock Super Stainless] are only good for 2 shaves with my beard. There are very few modern blades that can give me 5 shaves, but even with them I sometimes go for only 4. And I give blades to my relatives occasionaly.

Well,

My storage says

ASP 200
Voskod 200
Derby Green 50
Derby Black 50
Shark SS 200
Feather 10
Sputnik 10
Perma Sharp 5
7 o'clock yellow 80
Personna blue 50

I guess my fav strongly depends on the razor I am using. With the Giesen & Forsthoff gentle shaver it is ASP and Shark. With the Tatara Masamune it is the Shark...On the R41, well... ASP or Personna.

I try to befriend with Feather, but so far I lack appreciation of it...

I have between 1500 to 2000 blades of many varieties...I enjoy collecting and using...
Total 88 types of blades including SEs
20201219_154553.jpg
😆

PolSilver (from Poland - fake ?) 200
Derby Extra 200
Persona 100
Voskhod 50
Sputnik new 50 + 40 vintage
Feather 60
Gillette Platinum 200
Bic Astor 100
Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum 200
Dorco ST 50
Tatra vintage 40

Thanks Ivan,
Do you know who actually produces these blades sold as fake Polsilver? Are they good for anything? Is it closer to the quality of DORCO or Derby Extra blades?

I probably have close to 400.

100 Gillette Platinums
100 Personna Israeli Reds
100 Astra SP's
25 Gillette Silver Blues
Probably close to 75 from blade samplers of different makes

Top Bottom