What's new

How many blades do you have? How do you store them? PICS would be nice.

I am fairly new to DE shaving, but have already acquired lots of blades.
I have 4 x 100 blades of different kinds and couple other random tucks of sample blades.
I have more blades coming, so it will be aronud 700~800 blades by the time they all get here.
There's somethign wrong with me.

Anyways, I keep them in a cardboard shoe-box, but am looking for a better alternative, so I can organize random tucks and single blades, etc.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
show me what you got!

I am fairly new to DE shaving, but have already acquired lots of blades.
I have 4 x 100 blades of different kinds and couple other random tucks of sample blades.
I have more blades coming, so it will be aronud 700~800 blades by the time they all get here.
There's somethign wrong with me.

Anyways, I keep them in a cardboard shoe-box, but am looking for a better alternative, so I can organize random tucks and single blades, etc.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
show me what you got!

One of the best suggestions I've seen is the plastic boxes you can find with fishing stuff at Walmart. Pick up some dessicant packs to throw in with them too.

I keep individual tucks in the walmart tackle boxes with little separators for easy selection and display, the rest of the bulk blades that come in either tower or display card format I keep in a plastic tub for long term storage with some baby powder for moisture control. In this way I just open the tub to grab another tuck when that section in the tackle box is empty to limit how much moisture they are exposed to (the talcum/chalk is easier to replace and lasts longer than a dessicant pack) and its easy to stack and display at the same time, best system i've found as a blade hoarder/B.A.D. (1300+ Blades). I've got several tubs going, this is just one of them.

$0411151237.jpg$0411151238.jpg

Last edited:
I use the small Tupperware storage bins that are too small to fit any food in, they are the perfect size to fit fifty or more blades at a time, they are air tight and moisture tight, you can label the tops, I have a couple of small ones for the daily use and slightly larger ones for long term storage.

I currently have 2602 blades.

I'm a tad obsessive. None of my blades are stored in the bathroom so I can keep them from humidity. I currently have enough to last me about 50 years, but some are going to be sold/traded off as I settle on my top five. All of these containers stay in my home office closet.

Here are modern blades. This is a cool container designed to store 4x6 photos. I can fit about 200 blades in each container.

proxy.php

Vintage blades. These are Sterilite containers. I love them and use different sizes for all sorts of organization around the house.

proxy.php

The small containers on the top right are what I use for open tucks.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I keep individual tucks in the walmart tackle boxes with little separators for easy selection and display, the rest of the bulk blades that come in either tower or display card format I keep in a plastic tub for long term storage with some baby powder for moisture control. In this way I just open the tub to grab another tuck when that section in the tackle box is empty to limit how much moisture they are exposed to (the talcum/chalk is easier to replace and lasts longer than a dessicant pack) and its easy to stack and display at the same time, best system i've found as a blade hoarder/B.A.D. (1300+ Blades). I've got several tubs going, this is just one of them.

View attachment 563579View attachment 563580

that one with compartments look pretty sweet, those will be good for singles and samplers, and 100+ blades can be stashed away in any big containers like you did there.

I currently have 2602 blades.

I'm a tad obsessive. None of my blades are stored in the bathroom so I can keep them from humidity. I currently have enough to last me about 50 years, but some are going to be sold/traded off as I settle on my top five. All of these containers stay in my home office closet.

Here are modern blades. This is a cool container designed to store 4x6 photos. I can fit about 200 blades in each container.

proxy.php

Vintage blades. These are Sterilite containers. I love them and use different sizes for all sorts of organization around the house.

proxy.php

The small containers on the top right are what I use for open tucks.

proxy.php

That's pretty impressive collection there. Do you plan on using all of them or are you just B.A.D?
I know I feel good when I see my collection of blades for no reason. It's not like I can go through them quicker than I buy them, but I find myself finding reasons to find another brand to buy 100 blades for.

^^ I approve of your bins! :thumbup1:

That's pretty impressive collection there. Do you plan on using all of them or are you just B.A.D?
I know I feel good when I see my collection of blades for no reason. It's not like I can go through them quicker than I buy them, but I find myself finding reasons to find another brand to buy 100 blades for.

Thanks! I do have B.A.D., er... bad(ly).

If I used one and discarded it after one shave they would last me 16.68 years. At one blade per week I'm good for 50 years. It is unlikely for me to last that long.

My plan is to whittle them down to my top five or so modern blades and my favorite vintage blades, then cycle threw then in whatever way amuses me at the time.

You can't see them well, but there's a 250-count box of med preps in the left bin. Right now my favorite moderns are Gillette Black, Med Preps, Astra, and possibly Feather. I'm still working on the fifth favorite. I need to retest the Gillette Blues to see if they make the cut.

Yes there is. Not enough blades but that will self correct with time.:001_smile Rubbermaid to the rescue.

attachment.php

I wanted to quote that earlier, I saw it but didn't know who it belonged to, very impressive collection, I hope to surpass that one day. im guessing at least 100k blades?

I've got (2) 14 compartment acrylic boxes from the container store (http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/hobby/dividedBoxes?productId=10032167) to display and eventually use when my collection grows, the only caviats with the 14 compartment box is that it does not fit the plastic tucks like the feather or shark chrome I have pictured, otherwise the cardboard tucks fit just fine and the other hitch is that it's harder to pick up the tucks when you want to use a new blade unlike the tackle box im using now.

Last edited:
Yes there is. Not enough blades but that will self correct with time.:001_smile Rubbermaid to the rescue.

attachment.php

that is beyond impressive. I can't find a word...
How many blades is that?

that would literally last through your lifetime and then some. Probably pass them down to your son, grandson, great grandson and what not. amazing! You are so B.A.D

Last edited:
How many blades is that???????????????

I wanted to quote that earlier, I saw it but didn't know who it belonged to, very impressive collection, I hope to surpass that one day. im guessing at least 100k blades?

that is beyond impressive. I can't find a word...
How many blades is that?

that would literally last through your lifetime and then some. Probably pass them down to your son, grandson, great grandson and what not. amazing! You are so B.A.D

Not as many as some have guessed. Something over 6k. Some future B&Ber will have a story about what they found at an estate sale.:001_smile

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
IIRC each compartment holds roughly 50 loose blades (out of the tucks).
Walmart sells them in their arts & crafts section, different sizes too.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Copierguy It took me a minute but I see you are storing them as individual tucks instead of the original containers they came in i'm guessing, I couldn't store them that way as I wouldn't be able to keep track about which stock is oldest to use first, my other tub where I keep the longer term stuff has ship dates marked on each tower/display card so I know what to use first and is stored away from the bathroom. (The first tub has opened towers/display cards, the second unopened/long term and a 3rd sectional container for individual tucks is my system)

I just throw all the little packages into an empty soap container under the sink, and keep a New/Used stash on the side of the medicine cabinet...
$20150412_000232_Richtone(HDR).jpg

attachment.php

It would seem your running low yourself. I keep mine in large sealed rubbermaid bins.

$IMG_0060.jpg

I assume you only wanted to see our double edge blades. I have quite a few more but I can't easily get to them.

Top Bottom