What's new

How many aftershaves do you own?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well, now that some of the heavy hitters have posted, I don't feel as bad.
I'm definitely under 200, but not by much. Although that is not how I would phrase it for my wife.
Time for a PIF, I guess.
Keep them coming, folks.
How many do you own?

Like you, I have somewhere between 200-250 aftershaves modern and vintage. Lost count of the exact number a couple years ago. Not a single Artisan in the lot. :)

Zero - just use Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
Been thinking about an AS but so far don't use 'em.
Used AS while in college and stopped a couple years later.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
My (dumb) basenotes lists 93 items ... not proud of that, though.

These days just using the classic Avons ... of which there's less than 10.

AA

I have six aftershave splashes/balms. Thank you to those with over 100 for showing my wife that I don't really have too many!
@Baconator Ha so true so true! I have six after shaves on the bathroom sink. I would have more but one must maintain equilibrium on the home front!

I recently decanted them all except one into hot sauce bottles. That was a whole new level of enjoyment. I left the Old Spice Classic Scent (as we all know not really the true classic scent) in its plastic bottle just cos I like that bottle and reminds me of when my grandma bought me the true original in the glass bottle way back in high school in the 80s.

The other ones, except Proraso green, are drug store classics too that I once thought of as “old man-like” back in the day but now enjoy them. Gonna shake some of that cool blue Aqua Velva goodness out of a 10oz Tapatio bottle after my morning shave in about 15 mins. Bam!

Shave on.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Probably Aqua Velva. But not because of scent, longevity, price or face goodies. Just because of sentimental reasons like it being a classic and from a simpler time. Most of the aftershaves I own have no more face goodies in them other than alcohol and glycerin. But they make my face feel quite good and I like the simplicity of it.

Probably Aqua Velva. But not because of scent, longevity, price or face goodies. Just because of sentimental reasons like it being a classic and from a simpler time. Most of the aftershaves I own have no more face goodies in them other than alcohol and glycerin. But they make my face feel quite good and I like the simplicity of it.
I can respect that, I like Aqua Velva very much.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Too many
but not enough
although ive been holding new acquisitions down to seasonal purchases

I don't buy artisan products, but there are a dozen commercial aftershave splash bottles here for use. Seven standalones (Gillette Cool Wave x2, Adidas Dynamic Pulse, Barbasol Brisk x3, Proraso Green, AV Ice Sport, Lucky Tiger, Clubman) and five EdT companions (Big Wheel, Brut, Eternity, Wings, Aspen). There is a bottle of home mixed lime splash, which gets used more than anything at this time of year and I can make as much more of that as I want with the supplies in the house. I am going to need a sandalwood splash before winter to go with all my sandalwood soap, cream, and body spray; but don't have one right now. Maybe I'll just pick up a bottle of sandalwood EO and mix my own. Also in the house are a bottle of Sea Breeze that I use occasionally, Gillette blue gel AS and VDH post shave soothing balm. I think I should be set for awhile.

Last edited:
I refuse to count them but I’d guess about 50 or so and another 10-15 that have been relegated to the LARGE box of items that await their PIF/BST fate.

I have 6, 4 of which are aftershaves and 2 colognes.
My aftershaves are Fine Snakebite, Speick, Floid Vigoroso, Tabac and my colognes are GF Trumper Sandalwood and Penhaligon’s English Fern. I’ve been trying to keep disciplined in this area and in my soaps too and keep all this stuff to a minimum. I love the ones I’ve got, and I try to stay away from the sample counter in the barbershop.

Top Bottom