What's new

How long will a bottle of vermouth last?

I love beer but recently I have been drinking a lot of Old Fashions (thanks Don). I used to drink Manhattans and I would like to have one every now and then. The only problem is I am cheap and I don't want to buy a bottle of vermouth if it will not last me. I may only have 1 Manhattan a week and I usually don't use much Vermouth.

How long will a bottle of vermouth last once opened?

I've never had an open bottle of red/sweet vermouth around long enough to know. These days, I've been enjoying Dolin Vermouth de Chambery Rouge. It goes surprisingly quickly when Manhattan season is at hand. On the other hand, I never seem to finish a bottle of dry vermouth.

If you get a bottle of Noilly Prat Vermouth, you don't need to worry about it going off, in-fact you can justify buying it as a necessary cooking ingredient.

It is the secret in all French Restaurant Kitchens, great for any sauces that use white wine, not only does it last a lot longer without going off, but the blend of herbs give a great subtlety and depth to the sauce, especially with seafood

If you get a bottle of Noilly Prat Vermouth, you don't need to worry about it going off, in-fact you can justify buying it as a necessary cooking ingredient.

It is the secret in all French Restaurant Kitchens, great for any sauces that use white wine, not only does it last a lot longer without going off, but the blend of herbs give a great subtlety and depth to the sauce, especially with seafood

That's a great idea - I'll have to try that.

Top Bottom