What's new

how long have you gone without shaving?

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I shave every day around my goatee. During hunting season from mid September until thanksgiving I grow a facial beard except for my lower neck.

65BF4D6D-E532-4A11-B980-85CE009D1D84.jpeg

In my cart days I would regularly go for 3-5 days between shaves. More if I were traveling but didn't need to worry about looking shaggy. As much as I hated masks covid helped there. Rarely did I shave more regularly than every other day.

I would sometimes grow a mustache and goatee. I look dashing that way. But A) I couldn't keep them trimmed neatly and B) I liked kissing my wife more than I liked having them.

Now with wet shaving and SR's I shave nearly every day. I just did my 31st shave and I started 38 days ago. Never more than one day between shaves.

In my 20s? It never occured to me until I got an office job. For the last decades? Daily. Can't stand stubble although I did have a mustache for a good 30-35 years. That's been gone for some years now as I feel facial hair on older guys makes them look, well, older.

Well, probably 16 years, then I had to shave at least once a week, to my now late 30s when I shave daily(almost).

During cartridge days every 3-4 days to CCS quality because I didn’t like it.

10-days on a trip to Bermuda 4 years ago.

I started keeping a moustache/close-beard after that trip - and still do.

A week, I had a procedure done that required me not to shave for a week.

Besides that 2-3 days if I really want to “mow it down” on that next shave. Also, the one wildcard, if I use something mild like a 34C, 18-24 hours.

Hi,

I see shaving as a daily chore. But, a necessary one if I wish to keep on living. Beards=Death in my world. Can't seal the SCBA mask with facial hair.

Stan

Will skip the occasional day or two giving the facial skin a rest. Though I just don't feel quite right without a daily shave.

Maybe a week to 10 days is the longest I have gone without shaving. Backpacking trips or survival school.

If I were smart, I've give things a rest once or twice a week but my obsession about keeping my facial hair non-existent is a blessing, and a curse. It's why I do good prep and use mild razors. I don't shave daily because I want to, I shave daily because I need to.

I went without shaving for 9 days on a recent vacation.
The conditions were subpar and my wife likes the stubble/beard.

The weather was nice and cool where we were.
Upon returning home, it was warmer and more humid
and the scratchy scruff went away the night we returned.

Top Bottom