What's new

how long have you gone without shaving?

One month and it was evil! I took part in a Decembeard that one of the PTs at the gym I go to ran. I wanted to get rid of it after a week. Had various friends telling me to keep the beard but I’d promised myself an R41 as a treat for not shaving for a month and there was no way I was going to forego that!!

I think my longest stretch was about 20 years. Know it tends to run about 6-8 months. I'll quit about Labor Day when it starts to cool off and will grow a beard until SWMBO complains. The shorter I keep it the longer it lasts before she complains.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I went a week once!

It's usually every other day for me, but for some occasions it's daily for a few days.
I'm so lazy.

I shaved yesterday(?) I think, or Friday night. And it had to have been 6 or 7 days? It was the 2nd use of a Gillette Platinum, which, I am shocked to be typing, is quickly becoming the "Blade I am Most Impressed With" in my kollection of blades.

The longest time I can actually recall. Maybe....just maybe was 48 hours.
I'm sure there were some longer stretches in there back when the peanut farmer was in the Oval Office.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
hey people so i always see people posting about how often they shave,
then it got me thinking i wonder how long some of you gone without shaving?

i havent had a facial shave since i was 20, so thats 17 years roughly lol

look dont get me wrong before ive felt like changing the beard up and sometimes i have by fading it, trimming it, growing it and fancying a bit of change as some of us can get a bit bored, but for the first time the other day a thought crept into my mind about shaving my facial hair

i havent missed shaving my facial hair as at the time it was more of a chore and i think that was more due to using shaving foam and carts, who knows maybe i'd enjoy it now with the hardware/software i got now
I believe three days is about my max
and that was over the past several years. I’ve always been a daily shaver and never even attempted a Mustache.

Longest I have gone without shaving was for four days about 30 years ago. Hiked up around the far side of Mt. Robson (in BC near Jasper NP) to Berg Lake. It's the tallest mountain in the area, actually it's the tallest mountain in the Canadian Rockies at 3954m or 12,972 ft. Berg Lake is at 1646m/5400ft. This photo was taken in the evening after the sun had already set on the lake but Robson was still getting its extra share of daylight. So yeah, this was when I didn't shave for four days.

Mt. Robson 3954m.JPG

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Since starting wetshaving with a DE back in January 2020, I had two stints of five consecutive days without shaving. The neck beard is prominent on day two; raging on day three: and only worse from there.

I'm so lazy.

I shaved yesterday(?) I think, or Friday night. And it had to have been 6 or 7 days? It was the 2nd use of a Gillette Platinum, which, I am shocked to be typing, is quickly becoming the "Blade I am Most Impressed With" in my kollection of blades.

How can I hide away some of this handsomeness under a beard? I just can not treat the world that way. We have a duty to the public!

I'm liking the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloons. They don't last as long, but they sure are smooth to me.

Roughly 3-4 weeks is the longest I've gone without shaving. Every few years I get the crazy idea to grow a beard. Then it doesn't come in evenly and starts itching so I shave it off after several weeks.

Ι broke my right hand when I was 23.
So I went without a shave for around 30 days.
Other than that it's been a daily shave for me since I was 16 years old.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
How can I hide away some of this handsomeness under a beard? I just can not treat the world that way. We have a duty to the public!

I'm liking the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloons. They don't last as long, but they sure are smooth to me.
I'm nearly certain that I have an Indian Wilky around here.... AND that I liked it, lol!

Don't get old my friend! The memory begins a slide...

I went 8 months without a haircut or a shave back in the spring, summer and fall of 2016. Was fun for a change of pace, but I also wasn't into wet shaving yet.

I have sported a beard since my mid-20s but always shaved my neck and some amount of cheeks. If that doesn't count as shaving, I guess I have gone about 45 years with fewer than 5 'shaves'. Somehow I used up a lot of blades and pucks of Williams Mug.

After retiring I found myself shaving more of my face and more often. Currently I'm down to a goatee, mustache, and short sideburns. The joy of SR shaving has reduced my facial hair to a minimum. The LOTH is lobbying for connecting the beard and sideburns again. She even challenged me not to shave for a week. I'm sure my neck has gone unshaven 7 days many times, but not when I'm close to plumbing.

Now that I'm retired I typically shave every 4 days. Sometimes 5 if things just work that way. That's when things get uncomfortable with the itch. One time I went 7 days. That was awful.

Before I started wet shaving, I'd go all my days off from work without shaving. I used electrics and saw shaving as a chore. Now I shave daily even on my days off because I enjoy it so much. Since then I've gone max 2 days without shaving and that was to have some extra growth in order to test a particular new razor.

Top Bottom