What's new

How long have you gone without going to the dentist? How many cavities?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Every time I got they gotta yank another tooth. So I try not to go until I have to
There is a skool of thought that root canals aren't the best idea.... Ain't never had one, but I did have my wisdom teeth removed.

I did seem a little bit less wise on the pain killers that I was prescribed.

Lol, with the top ones I just drank beer! That didn't seem to hurt my wisdom as much, to be honest.... Though I did lose a few bets on the ponies that night! I don't blame the beer; I never could pick the right horse!

Which reminds me of the time I lost out on a $100,000 race where it ended in a photo finish! The object was to pick the first four ponies in order. Got the first two. Third and fourth they had to take a picture of.

The all seeing eye couldn't have picked that one. I believe a coin was flipped somewhere, and it was heads they win, tails I lose.

I woulda blown it on the ponies anyway.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There is a skool of thought that root canals aren't the best idea.... Ain't never had one, but I did have my wisdom teeth removed.

I had exactly one root canal. I vowed to never have another one. Every aspect of it was unpleasant.
I always heard horror stories about wisdom teeth. When my bro got his removed it was a nightmare. So naturally I was worried. But every time I went my dentist never said a dang thing about them. So finally I asked him one time “what’s up with my wisdom teeth? Are they going to come in soon or what?”. He goes “what wisdom teeth? I took those out a long time ago”. I guess that was the best possible outcome.

FarmerTan

I had exactly one root canal. I vowed to never have another one. Every aspect of it was unpleasant.
I always heard horror stories about wisdom teeth. When my bro got his removed it was a nightmare. So naturally I was worried. But every time I went my dentist never said a dang thing about them. So finally I asked him one time “what’s up with my wisdom teeth? Are they going to come in soon or what?”. He goes “what wisdom teeth? I took those out a long time ago”. I guess that was the best possible outcome.
And I assume you never drank a fifth before visiting the Dentist like my Dad did? Wow. Color me impressed my friend!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
And I assume you never drank a fifth before visiting the Dentist like my Dad did? Wow. Color me impressed my friend!
Ha! Nope. I honestly have no idea when they were taken out. Couldn’t tell you what age, what year, or anything.

I’m fairly confident I still have both my kidneys. But I could be having body parts removed and not even know it!

FarmerTan

Ha! Nope. I honestly have no idea when they were taken out. Couldn’t tell you what age, what year, or anything.

I’m fairly confident I still have both my kidneys. But I could be having body parts removed and not even know it!
I must warn you: do not wander into your garden after dark wearing a cow costume.

If the chupacabra don't git cha, them there Space Alien's will.

My cuzzant one time woke up in a field missin' a kidney. No scars, but a terrible sore throat! True story doggone.

I went once, in my thirties. My wisdom teeth had been bugging me for years. They did a cleaning (she said it was about average plaque as someone who would come in regularly). No cavities. They did xrays and referred me to an oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth. Haven't been back since although I have a molar that probably needs a crown now. I should make an appointment.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hmm
Dr. Whatley I presume?

😁😂🤔

FarmerTan

There was a local man that I read about years ago in the Saginaw News that DID HIS OWN ROOT CANALS with Dremel tools because he couldn't afford the Dentist.

I have tried just about anything in this life, but I ain't tried that. I gotta see if I can look that man up....

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
There was a local man that I read about years ago in the Saginaw News that DID HIS OWN ROOT CANALS with Dremel tools because he couldn't afford the Dentist.

I have tried just about anything in this life, but I ain't tried that. I gotta see if I can look that man up....
Leonid Rogozov

FarmerTan

Now, @Eben Stone : back to the topic at hand.....

How many Dentists out of 5 recommend visiting your Dentist every 6 months?
The answer is obvious.

"4 out of 5 Dentists recommend Dentyne chewing gum to their patients that chew gum, and FIVE OUT OF FIVE Dentists recommend that you come every 6 months. And they also recommend you get your teeth whitened. And that you get braces. And that you prepay your funeral with their cousin Lou the Undertaker."

Top Bottom