What's new

How long have you gone without going to the dentist? How many cavities?

had cavities as a kid eating junk so did have them and filled
later on not so many
10-15 yrs in between and got a few fixes then another 10-15 years and wife bugged me to go in no real issues
going in more often now in the last 2 yrs since we have insurance and wife wants me to no issues might need a crown replaced that is 30+ yrs old I am 59 :)

I hadn't been to the dentist in 15 years (i am 31 now) I actually had no cavities and only a few pockets no bigger than "6" as there rating system went. Scheduled a deep cleaning and I feel I am good for another 15. I did however have my second to last right muller pulled last year as I cracked it and I can honestly say I would almost rather get shot again than deal with that pain once more. Dental pain is NO BUENO.

Reading the thead What do you use to brush your teeth? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-do-you-use-to-brush-your-teeth.604642/ by @AZBronco made me curious about other dental related stuff.

What is the longest you've ever gone without going to the dentist?

And how many cavities have you had?

I'll go first:

Approx 14 years
Zero
Same here. I never went during my last period of employment because I didn't want to go in the town where I worked. Now that I work in a town with better dentists, I'm going again. I've had one filling so far and that didn't change. My gums were healthy, plus I'm a regular flosser so no bleeding. For brushing I use a rotary head electric and Colgate.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I don't go to the dentist in Australia. In Singapore they are about ⅓ the cost and in the Philippines only about 1/10th the cost for the same work at the same quality.

I'm a frequent dental flier. I don't think I've ever gone longer than a year between dental appointments. I had my first root canal about 2 years ago. The endodontist who performed the procedure teaches it at the University Dental School. All my fears were groundless. With numbing the root canal went like a breeze.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I hadn't been to the dentist in 15 years (i am 31 now) I actually had no cavities and only a few pockets no bigger than "6" as there rating system went. Scheduled a deep cleaning and I feel I am good for another 15. I did however have my second to last right muller pulled last year as I cracked it and I can honestly say I would almost rather get shot again than deal with that pain once more. Dental pain is NO BUENO.
Amen. It would be a toss up for me if I had to choose between a cavity being drilled out or another heart surgery. I would give up State Secrets if they threatened me with a canker sore doggone!

I had about a 30 year stretch from after college to a few years ago. I had 1 cavity. Not afeared of the dentist just had other things to do. Yes some tarter build up. Now I go twice a year. I have a total of 4 fillings.
1 of the fillings I had when I was 20 and 1 I had a couple of years ago were so small I told the dentist not to use Novocain. I do not like the feel of the stuff. Both time the dentist was very surprised and my choice, but I think that they are less ramming and drill happy if no pain killer is used.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I had about a 30 year stretch from after college to a few years ago. I had 1 cavity. Not afeared of the dentist just had other things to do. Yes some tarter build up. Now I go twice a year. I have a total of 4 fillings.
1 of the fillings I had when I was 20 and 1 I had a couple of years ago were so small I told the dentist not to use Novocain. I do not like the feel of the stuff. Both time the dentist was very surprised and my choice, but I think that they are less ramming and drill happy if no pain killer is used.
You might be right! I have quite a few fillings, but I got to the point that I refused the shot too. They hurt going in, and I hate having a numb mouth. End up biting the inside of my cheek, and that hurts a lot longer than the drilling. So maybe they DO go a little less drill happy knowing that I can feel it more?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Although I go religiously every half year, I just came back from a oral and maxillofacial surgeon who extracted two teeth and also removed the residual roots of a third tooth where the crown has broken off. Prepared them for implants with bone grafts. Not a fan of dentist at all, but I was surprised today how fast this was done, maybe a total of 45 minutes, and I expected something like two hours. Good guy, too!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My dentist office called to reschedule my cleaning booked for today (booked 6 months ago) after the usual pleasantries she said they are now booking in March!
I said omg,,, March!?!
Yup. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom