What's new

How long does your DE razor shave take?

Mine takes about 25 minutes from making lather, to applying aftershave and cleaning my stuff. This is a two pass shave.

Not bad. Mine depends on if I only have to do a 2 pass or if I had my kids bugging me while I'm trying to shave. It probably takes anywhere from 15 to 35 minutes, but when I first started it was 45 minutes, so I'm getting to be more efficient.

I take my time and enjoy the process. I'm never rushed to get through a shave. I'd say mine takes 35-45 minutes, which includes a shower to start things off right.

Normally 20-25 minutes for a two-pass shave with touchups, but 10-15 if I'm in a rush and omit the touchups, and up to an hour if I'm turning it into a "spa day" by taking my time with the lather, maybe adding a third XTG pass, and listening to "Car Talk" or "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" while I shave :001_smile

I dont know how long mine takes exactly. I would estimate 10-15 minutes. That is based on an estimated 10 minute shower time.

I take no longer than 10 mins or so. Of course, I'm not including the shower time. But then, I have pretty fine hair and the growth isn't too much anyway. I shave every two days or so. I only started DE shaving a month ago. So much better than the Fusion 9000... lol.

Last night was my 4th DE shave...I would say the whole experience from shower to clean up was a good solid 50 minutes...with probably 35 minutes being the shave. I, like others who have mentioned this, chose my time when my 3 y/o was pre-occupied, so I could have a solid go at my first multi pass, get it smooth, don't chop my face up...so, I was trying to take my time and elongate the process. That said, I would have probably only saved 5-8 minutes had I not had an agenda for that shave.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i've never even thought about how long it takes. i just mosey on though it taking my time and enjoying it. i'll set my timer today tho

When I started off about two weeks ago, it took around 45 minutes. Now I'm taking a 5-10 minute shower after which a 15 minute shave follows which includes three passes plus touch-ups and cleaning of tools. Not to bad for a satisfying routine.

Top Bottom