What's new

How Long Does Your BBS Result Last?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I cheat a little in this area. I only shave about twice a week or so. Not because my job doesn't require it but because my hair does not grow very fast. I get a 5 o'clock shadow in about 2 days or so. I'm on the second day after my last shave and I now have a 5 o'clock shadow, so I will most likely have a shave tomorrow. Kind of sucks because of how much I enjoy shaving.

Hey, don't feel bad dude, we can't control the growth rate of our whiskers. Truth be told, most guys would probably love to have your whisker growth rate, as most see shaving as a chore.

If anything, your slower growth rate, teaches you to be more appreciative, of when you are able to shave. Its like a ritual of whisker weight reduction, provided by your favorite razor, and blade.

And, lastly, it saves on soap and water, if your not shaving every day. I myself have a higher growth rate then you, but I too, only do 2-day stubble shaves. Except on weekends when I do not shave, I will have 3-day stubble on the following Monday.

Your doing great, enjoy your wet shaving journey :)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I cheat a little in this area. I only shave about twice a week or so. Not because my job doesn't require it but because my hair does not grow very fast. I get a 5 o'clock shadow in about 2 days or so. I'm on the second day after my last shave and I now have a 5 o'clock shadow, so I will most likely have a shave tomorrow. Kind of sucks because of how much I enjoy shaving.
Many months ago, after extensive research, testing and trials, @camoloc and I developed a whisker growth treatment.

Take fresh goat manure and mix with chilled seawater until it's a smooth stiff paste. Apply this paste to your face and leave on overnight.

In the morning after your daily shave and shower, apply a balm of fermented salami paste and work well into the skin. Leave on and do not wash your face for at least the next 12 hours.

Repeat the above every 24 hours for at least 30 days.

This treatment has been proven to work for all who have tried it. (Well, no one has said it didn't work.)

hairy_face_collar.jpg
The final results speak for themselves. @camoloc just 10 hours after his last shave.

Last edited:
Not sure if people are rating what you can feel rubbing your fingers or what you can see in a mirror?

For me, feeling, it's getting rough 8-12hr after a good shave.

I find this post to be GREAT:

When the shaving gods bless me with a BBS, it typically lasts. I have a high BBS rate with my Parker Semi-Slant and a first-use Feather Hi-Stainless blade, and that one gets me through an entire work day with a smooth face. I also just don't get a lot of facial hair, so that probably contributes to the longevity I get. There are some guys who could shave twice a day.

My last BBS was yesterday for Shark Week. My combo of Goodwill with a Shark Stainless isn't my usual combo for a great shave, but 12 hours later, It's still too close & smooth to even catch lint from a towel.

shark

Shockingly, it seems to vary. But I don't think my whisker growth rate varies much.

I do think that my immediate evaluation of shave closeness is affected as much by the state of my skin as by the level of stubble removal. Hydration, nutrition, post shave products, time of day all affect my prompt tactile perception.

And my subsequent perception of shave duration is affected by my following activities and their effect on my skin condition. Lounging, outdoor work, and a cold ski day have very different outcomes. Not to mention the mental effects of writing B&B posts.

So, all BBS is not created equal.

Shockingly, it seems to vary. But I don't think my whisker growth rate varies much.

I do think that my immediate evaluation of shave closeness is affected as much by the state of my skin as by the level of stubble removal. Hydration, nutrition, post shave products, time of day all affect my prompt tactile perception.

And my subsequent perception of shave duration is affected by my following activities and their effect on my skin condition. Lounging, outdoor work, and a cold ski day have very different outcomes. Not to mention the mental effects of writing B&B posts.

So, all BBS is not created equal.
I agree it depends, sometimes I feel my whiskers grow back little bit faster or I feel them more. I think nutrition, enough sleep etc play role.
to answer this thread question, well … I don’t always go for BBS, but when I do… it lasts 7-8 hours ;)

It depends on whether I do a three or four pass shave.

Three passes will give me BBS for around eight hours, while a four pass have gives me around twelve hours of BBS.

When I shave, I go for a BBS finish on my jaw lines, chin and upper lip. The rest I aim for a DFS finish so that I have something to shave 24 hours later.

It is now 14 hours since my last shave. My BBS areas are still BBS. How long does your BBS finish last?

I shave with a straight razor 😊.
If it was a true BBS, at best, half a day. Usually, 6+ hours before something bugs me.

I get a good 12 hours except on my lip, there only about 6 to 8 hours. However, my lip get BBS on the first pass, everywhere else takes 2 passes.

My barber razors the back of my neck, I had to tell her to use clippers only. Razor back there feels great for about an hour, then razor burn city. 3 days later my wife is having to tweezer ingrown hairs all over back there. My face can take some abuse, I guess the back of my neck is a bit more delicate.

"True" BBS (passing the cotton ball test) lasts me about 4 hours, regardless of blade. Like some, I NEVER "chase the baby", especially on my neck.
I have found that after 8 years back into traditional, wet-shaving, a BBS is over-rated. It's fleeting, at best.
Besides, I am going to shave the next day, anyway...

For those of us so obsessed to make the shave last, our dirty dark secret (well, mine anyway), is our electric razor quietly and patiently waiting in the charger to leap out and save the shave when a few telltale whiskers reveal themselves when faceturbaiting. Do you understand the daily shame I have to go through? DO YOU?

;)

I noticed with an Old Type and The New (vintage open comb Gillettes from the 20's and 30's for those unfamiliar). My BBS from them lasts another hour or so from something like a flaretip Super Speed. Probably because it takes me twice as long to shave with them! ;)

Top Bottom