What's new

How long does shaving take for you?

Using a DE it usually takes about half an hour. This includes getting all my stuff together and the clean up afterwards. If using a straight, add about another 15 to 20 minutes. That's a whole different ballgame and includes stropping, taking my time during the shave, and attending to the blade afterwards to prevent corrosion.

cheers
Andrew

I go at a pace that just seems to be quick enough but still where I enjoy it...usually around 20 minutes from prep to finish. Daily...I’ll even set my alarm so there’s time.

From the moment I start running water to warm my scuttle to the moment I walk out of the bathroom to get dressed is about an hour to an hour and 10 minutes. The shave itself takes about 20 minutes, but the whole routine includes a hot shower, leisurely lather making, taking my morning meds, a focused but relaxed SR or SE shave, dental care, post shave face care (more then just a splash), gear clean up, hair "styling", and area clean up. At the end I can handle anything the world cares to throw at me.

During that time my Honey may get a "Good morning", but that's about it. This is my hour. The other 23 are for everyone else.

At the moment, about seven minutes. Two passes. I shower shave with a shave stick and a synth brush. I am using a Broman or a Gillette Guard - much quicker than a DE. The shower soaks my skin in advance and rinses everything off in seconds afterwards. I take a bit longer at weekends and if I use a DE I tend not to shave in the shower. This takes about fifteen mins.

I always do a shower and a shave. I never specifically timed, I just glance at my watch before I go to bathroom and when I go out. My shower+shave routine takes anywhere from 25minutes to an hour. This is why I shave in the evening xD

I timed last night’s shave and it was 32 minutes and some change.

I consider this as a time when faster is not better. As @rbscebusaid, it’s like affection with a woman. More is better.

Top Bottom