• > 40 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
And why not Sir!!!:thumbup:
Shaverraver:
Thanx for the 'shout-out', support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
[FONT=&quot]"[For] many people, [shaving] is not [simply a] voyage of discovery, but a ritual of reassurance". Philip Andrew Adams[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I come in at the 10 minute mark. Half of that time is spent on prep - getting face wet, applying pre-shave, getting the lather on, etc. Then one pass, rinse, and aftershave.

There are varying reasons going around as to why Castro and his bunch were bearded, but one real reason according to him was that you could regain serious time by not shaving.
&#8220;If you save 15 minutes a day by not shaving your beard, you gain about 10 days a year that you can devote to work, to reading, to sport, to whatever you like. And you save on razors, soap and hot water, too&#8221;
He also cited the conditions when he was operating in hiding and there was no easy access to razors, blades, or other related products.
Going bearded, which was not a common practice in Cuba in the late 1950s, also served a purpose of anti-infiltration. Any government agents trying to slip into his organization would first have to grow a beard unnoticeably.
After the revolution, he and his cadres continued beardedness as symbolic of their militant days.

35+ - 40 min from exiting shower to applying AS. I'm a head shaver though, so I have a bit more real estate to cover.

For me 15- 20 minutes at a relaxed pace.
If I am in a hurry I will use a badger brush that I do not have to soak.

10 to 15 is fine for me, but if I have the time I'll take as long as I want. I just make sure that I don't "over shave" which leads to redness and irritation.:thumbup1:

From the time I step up to the sink and turn on the water til I'm done wiping down the sink and hang up the towel is about 12 minutes +/-

I voted 10 minutes, but that's for single-pass with canned foam and touch up. For two-pass it's from 12-15, and for three-pass it's about 20 - 22. It can stretch as long as 30 for three-four pass when things don't go quite right.

20 minutes for me!

I'm on a tight schedule every morning, since my wife and kids like to use the same sink I do after I leave, so for me (after a shower and tooth brushing) it's 20min on the dot every morning, that's from the time my brush touches soap to the time the puddles around the sink are cleaned and all is put away and my hand touches the door knob to exit!

I forgot to add, that's a DE, two path shave plus touch up.

Prep is washing my face in the shower but I'm not going to count that because I'm going to wash my face whether I shave or not. The brush soaks as I shower so I didn't count that either. I suppose I'd count it if I stood there and watched it soak but I don't. My shave is three passes, aftershave and clean up. It takes a couple minutes or less to get a nice lather, a couple minutes for each pass (or less) to shave and about a minute or so to clean up the brush and razor. So I picked <10 minutes which is right about where I'm at daily. Sometimes I'll take a bit longer on the weekends if I'm feeling lazy or if I'm trying something new.

Truth of it is... I can do it in about 10 min. Out of the shower, lather, shave, clean-up. Shaved for a wedding in less time than that and it was a DFS.
The reality is, when I shave on my time in the evenings, I want to play a bit, luxuriate in the scents and textures, and stretch it out to a half hour or more. That is my typical; 35 to 40 min. It ends when I run out of things to do.

There are varying reasons going around as to why Castro and his bunch were bearded, but one real reason according to him was that you could regain serious time by not shaving.
&#8220;If you save 15 minutes a day by not shaving your beard, you gain about 10 days a year that you can devote to work, to reading, to sport, to whatever you like. And you save on razors, soap and hot water, too&#8221;
He also cited the conditions when he was operating in hiding and there was no easy access to razors, blades, or other related products.
Going bearded, which was not a common practice in Cuba in the late 1950s, also served a purpose of anti-infiltration. Any government agents trying to slip into his organization would first have to grow a beard unnoticeably.
After the revolution, he and his cadres continued beardedness as symbolic of their militant days.

Interesting stuff. I guess Castro had to pick "less than 10 minutes" on this poll...

Top Bottom