• 10+ to 15 minutes

• 15+ to 20 minutes

• 20+ to 25 minutes

• 25+ to 30 minutes

• 30+ to 35 minutes

• 35+ to 40 minutes

• > 40 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.
A simple question. How long does it take you to shave?

This is from the time you start your pre-shave routine, whatever it might be or not be, until you complete your after-shave routine. If you shave in the shower, well you can figure it out. An average time please.

Trying to get a sense if I am way off base, average, or what.

1. < 10 minutes
2. 10 to 15 minutes
3. 15+ to 20 minutes
4. 20+ to 25 minutes
5. 25+ to 30 minutes
6. 30+ to 35 minutes
7. 35+ to 40 minutes
8. > 40 minutes

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Shower, shave, brush teeth, and other stuff takes 20-22 mins in the morning, so I figure <10 for the shave alone.

The few times that I put a clock on it I was in the 10 to 12 minute range for the shave only. I do shave in the morning after a shower (about 10 minutes) so for the whole thing in the 20 to 25 minute range.

I'm only a 3 month wetshaver and I've been improving how long it takes - Overall I voted 20-25 minutes because of the time it takes for me to make lather and to clean everything afterwards, and I'm counting one or two additionall minutes to brush my teeth and put on my aftershave. The shave itself takes something like 10 minutes, but I prefer long fast passes, my chin is the hardest area to shave so I do short passes there

Yes, if cleaning your shaving equipment is part of your morning routine, that counts.

20 to 25 minutes here.

When I used disposables (plus brush and cream) it took me around 5 minutes... but I am extraordinarily hapoier now!:biggrin1:

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
grim:
I figure my shave regiment (3 passes), from shave prep to post-shave is around 35+ to 40 minutes. Being retired, I now shave every-other day and I like to take my time and 'pamper' (hey...the Mrs. does it...why not me???), myself! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"[A] perfectly ordered shaving regiment [is] designed with a [calm] magnificence'. Emily Carr

grim:
I figure my shave regiment (3 passes), from shave prep to post-shave is around 35+ to 40 minutes. Being retired, I now shave every-other day and I like to take my time and 'pamper' (hey...the Mrs. does it...why not me???), myself! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"[A] perfectly ordered shaving regiment [is] designed with a [calm] magnificence'. Emily Carr

And why not Sir!!!:thumbup:

From the time I get out of the shower until I'm slapping on the AS it's probably 6-8 minutes. Includes loading, face lathering, and 2 passes plus touch ups. DFS every time.

Right around ten minutes for a two pass shave with a little touch up at the end. It probably took me at least twice as long when I first started, but I dropped the WTG first pass unless I've skipped a day between shaves.

I ticked <10 but that is the time from the first lather to the final pass. Counting all the clean up it's closer to 20.

Hi,

I am in the 8 minute range for my usual 2-pass, 1-razor DE shave. Some days I do a 3-pass, 2-razor, DE shave which might take another 3 minutes. some days I use a Straight, which would put me out in the 20+ minute range.

Since I usually go with the 8-min shave at least 5 days out of 7, I voted that way.

Stan

Face lather and do one pass. Takes about 5 minutes.
The edit option seems to have disappeared, so:

Edit: Just timed myself, and was surprised to find out it takes me about 10 minutes from the first time I turn on the water until everything is put away.

Top Bottom