What's new

How long does it take you to shave?

About 10-20 minutes including prep and cleanup, usually more like 10-15 but sometimes I take longer.

I try to save some time by soaking my brush & soap in the sink while I'm in the shower.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
5-10 minutes on a weekday, longer if I'm in the mood, but remember I've been at this for 40 years.

5-10 minutes on a weekday, longer if I'm in the mood, but remember I've been at this for 40 years.

Me too - less than 10 minutes, start to finish, including 2 (sometimes 3) passes with my Cobra Classic. I also have about 500 months experience doing this !!

Shower, shave and grooming is just about 30 minutes total - which hasn't changed since I began DE shaving. I just spend less time in the shower and futzing around before/afterwards.

It can take me 10 minutes if i am in a hurry to about 25 minutes. when i first started i was at it for 45-60 min... some times i take 30 just depends if im in a hurry. Its more enjoyable when its around 25 min.

The one time I actually put a stopwatch on it, it was just under 13 minutes from getting out of the shower and picking up the razor to putting the last of my shave stuff away and leaving the bathroom.

From glances at the clock at other times, probably anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes, with 10-15 being typical.

5-10 minutes. I don't get the complaint that it takes too long compared to carts. A good shave is infinitely more satisfying than one cycle of snooze.

A whipping up lather and a two pass shave with a bit of blade buffing and detail work + a shower and a once over with alum followed by a cold water rinse takes me about 25-30 minutes.

The reason that I can shave in ten minutes or so is because I don't relather after the 1st pass. I lather, shave with the grain, shave ATG, & then feel my face & neck for any stragglers & I get those. I am really beginning to get the hang of it & the more I DE shave the better I get!!!

Top Bottom