What's new

How long does cella 1kg really last ?

I was told a 100 gram slice would last about 2 months....it’s been 3-4 months and I haven’t noticed it going down much .....so I’m wondering how long a slice lasts you guys? I mean I load for a minute..I soak it for couple mins beforehand...I scrub it like crazy...not complaining just baffled...either I got a brick that is super compacted...or something is going on idk lol...

It depends on how heavy you load it. For me, 100 grams probably would last right about 2 months or maybe a bit less. I'm an every day shaver and I'm not stingy with the soap though. Some guys can make 100 grams last much longer. If you don't shave every day, it'll obviously last longer and if you use a small brush that doesn't load as much soap, it'll last longer too. Also, if you like your lather thin and slick, you probably won't use as much soap. Lots of variables here.

I shave everyday ( so much soap I have no excuse) I use a yaqi moka express 2 band badger best or a 24mm badger in best...I like it thick (about thick enough the brush has resistance when lathering) and slick the slickness I like varies ...I don’t like it so slick that a razor will slide out of my hand...I had one soap that did that and it turned into a massacre 😂 just enough for the razor to slip is good for me..

If you are rotating other soaps with the Cella brick, the answer is you might never finish it! Average time for a person to go through a brick can be estimated based on their rate of consumption of a smaller, measured piece. For someone using the Cella brick every day exclusively, somewhere around 2 years or more, most likely.

Of course! Nobody here stops buying soaps! We just lie to ourselves! Now he doesn't know, but soon he will want 1000 ml of Vitos soap!

Adding TFS and 3P may be even better for economizing shipping cost..
Don't let his wife know this secret until she finds some strange soaps in refrigerator or freezer...
hahaha~~~

I filled a Meißner glass soap container withCella, and it has hardly budged in a week of daily shaving, and I load brushes heavily. For any price, this soap is a wonderful product. I guess having a poor sense of smell, scents don't tempt me to buy soaps, but performance does, and I'll happily use this soap . As for going bad, 1kg costs less than some soaps I previously liked so no problem or sleep lost here.
Now, how is it Cella is so cheap? I guess it Must be made in huge amounts, but makes you wonder if most soaps are way overpriced! Sorry if I've offended any soap makers, ha ha!!

In Europe, 2 kg of Vitos costs about 20 euros as much as 100 grams of average American artisanal soap. At this price, Vitos red with tallow and extra glycerin I think is a top soap like Cella. Of course you have to try before, and of course the tastes are not discussed!
ps. Do American artisans add pure gold to their soaps for such a high price?

It all depends how you use it.
Loading on top of the soap lasts longer Thant loading a 1g cut (which does not load completely)
I load the latter way and I was surprised how many days you could actually relather from that sliver...

In Europe, 2 kg of Vitos costs about 20 euros as much as 100 grams of average American artisanal soap. At this price, Vitos red with tallow and extra glycerin I think is a top soap like Cella. Of course you have to try before, and of course the tastes are not discussed!
ps. Do American artisans add pure gold to their soaps for such a high price?
While I understand some of the frustration, the price of anything considered "artisan", be it a shaving soap or a designer clothes is NOT determined by the cost of materials that go inside, but rather by the perception of value by target customers.

Take a stainless steel Rolex Oyster Perpetual, which is the simplest and the cheapest Rolex watch, as an example. The materials that go inside could cost at best 20% more than any $200 Citizen, Casio or Seiko, yet the cheapest new Rolex starts at around $6,000. There you have it. Same with the artisan soaps.

That said, you can get A&E soaps in Europe for almost the same price as in US. Gifts & Care has a good offering, have a look: Search - Gifts&Care (giftsandcare.com). It's marginally more expensive than buying from A&E US online shop: Shaving Soaps – Ariana & Evans (aegrooming.com)

Ok sir ! You're right! But a watch or a work of art remains, instead a soap is consumable.
But, although we can shave very well with cheap soaps, we always want truffles! The beard will not fall out just because we use a super expensive soap! I use with the same pleasure cheap soaps like Arko, Derby, Vitos, Cella, La Toja, Hasliger, Stirling but also more expensive A&E, DG, etc. the final result being the deforestation of the same amount of beard at the same time. Sure I will still buy expensive soaps even if I can't afford it but that doesn't mean I'm smart but just curious! We have noticed that Europeans are madly looking for more expensive and difficult-to-bring American soaps in Europe, while Americans are looking for cheap soaps in Europe. Not out of stupidity but just out of curiosity!
ps. I apologize for the pollution of the topic

Of course! Nobody here stops buying soaps! We just lie to ourselves! Now he doesn't know, but soon he will want 1000 ml of Vitos soap!
You spoke to soon I did a while ago thinking I’ll get about a decade worth of soap and then have at it well maybe I have more than I think the way it’s lasting 😂 not a bad thing...amazing value for money soap and such a good lather

Attachments

• BF831D1D-EFD1-4A94-BE3D-94990E942D30.jpeg
    BF831D1D-EFD1-4A94-BE3D-94990E942D30.jpeg
    1,018 KB · Views: 70
  • 695BE255-8CB8-4648-B572-5E60C9CC98BD.jpeg
    695BE255-8CB8-4648-B572-5E60C9CC98BD.jpeg
    994.3 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom