What's new

How long does a shaving cream tube lasts for you?

Just curios.

I had a higher number in my mind, but I found out that I can get about 30-40 shaves from a Proraso tube (5.2oz/150 gr). It lasts around a month or a month and a half of daily shaves.

What about your usage?

How much are you using? I get many more shaves out of a tube. I use about a 15mm squeeze. That's sufficient for me.

When making lather, I tend to use lots of product. I’ve never really counted, but I’m probably around 30-40 also.

I counted shaves of my first tube of C.O. Bigelow and posted about it years ago but I cannot find that post to verify. However I did locate the old images and a tiny note of the tally. Seems I got 87 shaves out of one tube. I was face lathering and trying to be conservative about usage but not to the extreme, only trying to get the right amount of lather for a 3 pass shave.
COBigelow-Empty.JPG
COBigelow-Empty-side.JPG

I use extra cream too. I have discovered what to do. Just buy so many creams and soaps that you couldn’t use them in your lifetime and you’ll never run out of any of them!

I go heavy on creams, so they only last me a little while. I get far more mileage from soaps. I rarely get much longevity from tubes of cream.

I counted shaves of my first tube of C.O. Bigelow and posted about it years ago but I cannot find that post to verify. However I did locate the old images and a tiny note of the tally. Seems I got 87 shaves out of one tube. I was face lathering and trying to be conservative about usage but not to the extreme, only trying to get the right amount of lather for a 3 pass shave.
View attachment 860290 View attachment 860291

Thanks I use a pinto bean sized drop and it makes me plenty of lather. I been a concerned my stash might go bad since I got some tubes going back to 2008.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For me it's almost impossible to answer, I change soap/cream frequently and never use one single product only from start to finish.

Also, I honestly do not pay attention to these things. For me what really counts is not the number of shaves given by a certain product, but its overall quality and performance.

I have hard water and I like lots of lather, so I tend to use a lot of cream. I find it also depends on my brush. With a synthetic (Big Bruce) I use around 1.5 g/shave. With a Semogue 1305 I use twice that.

--Lee

For me it's almost impossible to answer, I change soap/cream frequently and never use one single product only from start to finish.

Also, I honestly do not pay attention to these things. For me what really counts is not the number of shaves given by a certain product, but its overall quality and performance.
Same here. I have so many soaps and creams in my rotation and I never use the same product two days in a row. ;-)

Pretty much same here. I’ve never really thought about it outside of using a hard soap and thinking “that seemed to last a long time.”

However now I’m curious. There was another informative post recently about how many shaves a member got with MdC. Makes me now want to tally my shaves per soap/cream too.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not really counted. I probably use more that required as I face lather not bowl/mug or scuttle lather. I would rather have a good amount on the brush and have a good rich lather. I guess maybe a month from a tube of Nivea Sensitive.

I stopped using creams as I found I used too much product for each shave. I've been using soaps and shave sticks ever since and the product lasts much longer than when I was using creams.

I think 250 gr (2 tubes) last at least 6-7 months, based on my calculation. I think I need a 0.5 kg of shaving cream per year. :D

I stopped using creams as I found I used too much product for each shave. I've been using soaps and shave sticks ever since and the product lasts much longer than when I was using creams.

I’m in the same boat. Only have half a tube of Proraso green left. Rest are soaps or sticks.

Top Bottom