What's new

How long does a 1oz wax container last?

I've been growing our at least trying to grow a handlebar the past couple months and have started looking into getting and using wax. I was wondering at the prices they are selling the waxes for 15$ for a 1oz container, how long does that last. my budget its pretty tight and can't afford that too often.

It's going to depend on your 'stache. With daily use, I can use a 1oz tin in about 6 months. I stopped waxing every day and I think a 1oz tin is going to last me significantly longer. It also depends on the product. Some require quite a bit of product (Dubs Stache Cream is a product I have to use a bit of) to get your 'stache where you want it.

You could also look into making your own!

I would say 6 months is roughly the number for me. Some of the waxes are so tacky that you don't need much for an all day hold, while others need to be re-applied throughout the day. Firehouse and American Gentlemen Soap waxes have been great for me. They hold really well and I don't need to use much at all.

strop

Now half as wise
I've never actually given a tin of wax the 3017 treatment, but I would agree that several months is the norm.

What's a wax you gents recommend? Thinking of growing a stache in 2015...

It depends on the style you wish to achieve and your hair. You may try checking at a Sally's Beauty Supply and picking up some Clubman wax to start with. If that wax works great for you, keep using it. If you need something stiffer, look to Firehouse, Dub's, Lockhart's (my personal favorite), and many others.

I hated the clubman wax. It was too thin and didn't hold. I use firehouse dark and he make a stiffer one called wacky tacky.

strop

Now half as wise
You really have to experiment a bit to find what works best for you. I find Clubman is almost useless for me, but remember seeing a U-tube video one time of a gentlemanwith very fine, thin, straight hair, that used it to perfection to style an incredible handlebar.

Firehouse and Cowboy Comb are my two current beeswax based products. Gum based products like Brother's Love, Stern and Dr. Dittmar dry very stiff and hard, but have great hold.

Top Bottom