What's new

How long do you you load your MDC?

what is your prefered load time with MDC?

• 10 seconds

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • 20 seconds

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • 30 seconds

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 40 seconds

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 'Till the cows come home......I hate this stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just curious what fellow users prefer on this one?

just for the record, I started out with 30 but am now doing 20 seconds.

thanks all.

curiosity killed the felis domesticus.

round up or down accordingly if needed for you persnickety scientific folk.

camo

Hard soaps like this,
I "bloom" with a dapple of warm water, while I shower.
If prepped this way, MdC loads into my brush pretty quickly.
I shake most of the water out of the brush, and it sucks-up the bloom water, and loads the brush,
without sogging the soap in the container too much.
Then I build-up lather is a separate bowl...

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Seems crazy to me... I shave head and beard daily, 12 second load, jar was 80-90 percent full when I started using it exclusively almost 7 months ago. Getting low but still going.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I will be surprised if my current one does not last two years. I am about half a year in, having started it in November, and the level of the soap is barely below the rim of the tub!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 27
I load everything about 20 seconds... or whatever feels right. Mostly boar, from the little bambino to the professional size ones. I think I spend a little more time loading synthetic (haven't used it very much) and badger because i'm lighter on the puck.

I don't bloom anything anymore.

For a 200g puck?
Yes. The standard glass jar.

I suppose I could have made it last longer, but why? I don’t believe I was wasteful. I do two passes and touchups. A little lather went down the drain post shave. Although most people get more shaves from a jar, I have to imagine at least one other person here had a similar number of shaves. Am I that much of an outlier on this one?

Only a puck of Tabac lasted longer for me.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

I suppose I could have made it last longer, but why? I don’t believe I was wasteful. I do two passes and touchups. A little lather went down the drain post shave. Although most people get more shaves from a jar, I have to imagine at least one other person here had a similar number of shaves. Am I that much of an outlier on this one?

No idea if you are an outlier, but if you enjoyed it and did not feel wasteful it doesn't really matter, does it? This is a pennies a day hobby or interest even if you are using pricey blades for only a few shaves!

No way in hell can anyone go thru a 200gram jar that fast

Top Bottom