What's new

How long do proglide cartridges last

Hi,

realistically, how long do Gillette Fusion Proglide (manual version) carts last before they start tugging and producing irritation? I know there's a YMMV here, but there has to be a realistic minimum or median value.

Kind regards-.

Hi,

realistically, how long do Gillette Fusion Proglide (manual version) carts last before they start tugging and producing irritation? I know there's a YMMV here, but there has to be a realistic minimum or median value.

Kind regards-.
For me they lasted about a week.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Agree with Chevyguy, about 6 to 8 daily shaves than the closeness and smoothness decline. If you strop the carts and don't mind gradually increasing tugging and an increasingly less close shave you can get 25 to 30 shaves. FWIW I have a tough 'old man's' beard and shave every day. YMMV

my brother uses these and says he gets 7-10 shaves out of them. I still haven't been able to get him to dump the 5 blade razors.

Unless we were both cloned in the same laboratory, my experiences will never be the same as yours.

This is very YMMV and lots get into play here. Not sure why or how but I get insane longevity out of Proglide, I have pushed it to 6 months a couple of times and only changed because of boredom and wanting to get back to DE. Shaving every day too. I think they just works for me. I get normal low mileage out of Mach 3s which is a 3-4 shaves before irritation mayhem.

I can easily get 20+ shaves before I feel the blades start to degrade slightly. Actually, I like them the best after the first few shaves when the blades start to smoothen and you lose that "cat tongue" feeling of a new Fusion cartridge.
I quickly rinse the cartridge in alcohol after each shave but I don't use any of those cartridge stroppers (I don't remember the name now)

About 8 shaves then start tugging and get sore, you can try sharpening them on a old piece of denim! look on you tube

Top Bottom