What's new

How Long Did You Lurk?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Lurked for a month, maybe two, since joining back in 2011.

The time had come to ditch disposables and get a good DE razor again to replace a broken Hoffritz Slant. Problem, of course, was that I had no idea where to buy a new DE razor, or even if blades were still being made. Google led me here, and that's when the fun began.

I figured I should read and learn before re-asking oft-asked questions and offering uninformed advice, despite having been shaving since about 1965. Spent a lot of time reading wikis, reviews and advice before opening my mouth.

Most important thing I learned early on is that our membership is extraordinarily patient and helpful, particularly with newbies. We rarely see condescension or ridicule; good nature (and good natured ribbing) prevails. B&B is truly a civil, warm and welcoming place. There's really no reason to lurk.

Last edited:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Lurked for a month, maybe two, since joining back in 2011.

The time had come to ditch disposables and get a good DE razor again to replace a broken Hoffritz Slant. Problem, of course, was that I had no idea where to buy a new DE razor, or even if blades were still being made. Google led me here, and that's when the fun began.

I figured I should read and learn before re-asking oft-asked questions and offering uninformed advice, despite having been shaving since about 1965. Spent a lot of time reading wikis, reviews and advice before opening my mouth.

Most important thing I learned early on is that our membership is extraordinarily patient and helpful, particularly with newbies. We rarely see condescension or ridicule; good nature (and good natured ribbing) prevails. B&B is truly a civil, warm and welcoming place. There's really no reason to lurk.
I agree on your view regarding the nature of this forum. Long may it remain.

was it back in the days of glory I found this site? I was logged on a different screen name and figured this way of staying in the know was costing me too much money. Wonder if anyone else has had issues like that? So, I stopped coming and then lost my log in info so opted to rejoin. I was lurking a few months before I decided to re-up.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
was it back in the days of glory I found this site? I was logged on a different screen name and figured this way of staying in the know was costing me too much money. Wonder if anyone else has had issues like that? So, I stopped coming and then lost my log in info so opted to rejoin. I was lurking a few months before I decided to re-up.
B&B costing anyone money???
1620222652170.gif

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Whilliam makes a point that proves this is a truly BLESSED place for people like me. Okay, there's no one like me on here, and I'm sorry KINDA, for that.

ADHD is real; y'all have read my stream of consciousness posts on here.

But I was struck from day one by the tone of friendliness here. And I have NEVER thought to look up if one of my queries was asked before in 2008. My brane in it's current state (early onset dementia, with constantly leaking arteries) just misses stuff. Don't feel bad for me! Please! It's the poor War Department that needs your prayers, SERIOUSLY! The poor woman has been a ROCK in ALL of this, and now her lovely mother is in a rehab center with MULTIPLE issues. Fighting with Insurance companies and Covid-19.....

So this place gives my wife a break from me! I am living proof that B&B is a loving place.

Now for the bad news: I will continue to not look up stuff and just throw out stupid questions for the brane trust to answer!

So for you "lurking" members that have been irritated by me, thank you for not yelling at me!

@Whilliam makes a point that proves this is a truly BLESSED place for people like me. Okay, there's no one like me on here, and I'm sorry KINDA, for that.

ADHD is real; y'all have read my stream of consciousness posts on here.

But I was struck from day one by the tone of friendliness here. And I have NEVER thought to look up if one of my queries was asked before in 2008. My brane in it's current state (early onset dementia, with constantly leaking arteries) just misses stuff. Don't feel bad for me! Please! It's the poor War Department that needs your prayers, SERIOUSLY! The poor woman has been a ROCK in ALL of this, and now her lovely mother is in a rehab center with MULTIPLE issues. Fighting with Insurance companies and Covid-19.....

So this place gives my wife a break from me! I am living proof that B&B is a loving place.

Now for the bad news: I will continue to not look up stuff and just throw out stupid questions for the brane trust to answer!

So for you "lurking" members that have been irritated by me, thank you for not yelling at me!
Between @FarmerTan and @Owen Bawn B&B has a solid font of knowledge (or grist for the mill) of Arko, not to mention a healthy dose of grins. So many contributors each and every day that make this corner of the web brighter than many others. Hang in there, Dave . . . and let the War Department know she has our sympathy and support :001_smile

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Between @FarmerTan and @Owen Bawn B&B has a solid font of knowledge (or grist for the mill) of Arko, not to mention a healthy dose of grins. So many contributors each and every day that make this corner of the web brighter than many others. Hang in there, Dave . . . and let the War Department know she has our sympathy and support :001_smile
I lurked off and on for over 12 years, and only started to post when I was locked down due to Covid and when I gave up on twitter around the time of the 2020 US election and suddenly had time on my hands with little 'real' human contact all day.

Top Bottom