What's new

How is the Wolfman under the nose?

I sometimes cut myself when I shave under the nose. I only have 2 razors with which I can go against the grain under the nose: Feather ASD2 and LASSC BBS-1.

I'm very tempted by a Wolfman, in spite of the fact that they're unobtanium at the moment, and particularly the open comb. I'm wondering whether the under-the-nose thing is mainly to do with safety bars, and whether I should therefore reconsider and go for a closed comb Wolfman (in god knows how many months time).

Easy solution: grow a mustache. I've had a Selleck-style stache since the '80s, so I don't have to deal with this issue (and my blades may last longer...).

I think this is one area where the Wolf really shines. The head is quite thin and maneuvers nicely. I typically flip to the SB side of the razor and nothing ever gets snagged although I don't really go ATG under the nose since I get good results without it. I'm betting you'd be pretty satisfied.

Wolfman is the company that makes the BBS-1 for LA Shaving. So I'd expect similar performance from the Wolfman razors to what you are experiencing with your BBS-1.

I have a BBS-1 as well and would agree that it's quite nimble. I personally haven't pursued a Wolfman razor specifically because I already have the BBS-1.

There are threads on this forum comparing the Wolfman with the BBS-1. You might want to check them out before you buy the Wolfman razor.

Last edited:
The BBS-1 seems to have a large blade gap and a tiny blade exposure. Strange razor. I thought the Wolfman was a bit more "normal" in this respect.

I think this is one area where the Wolf really shines. The head is quite thin and maneuvers nicely. I typically flip to the SB side of the razor and nothing ever gets snagged although I don't really go ATG under the nose since I get good results without it. I'm betting you'd be pretty satisfied.

I would agree with Loganpass, wolf man razor is thinner as compared to maybe ATT and is a pleasure to use under the nose.

+ whatever. One of my favorite things about the Wolfman is how thin profiled the head is, perfect for areas like under the nose.

Top Bottom