What's new

How is the Easy Rider injector? L type?

I am getting a limited yellow razor which was from the movie Easy Rider.

I think it's an L type. How are they compared to DEs? It's my very first injector

Brother 01,

All the L Types shave the same, as they have the same heads. The differences are in the looks and comfort of the handles. The L Types are somewhat mild, especially if you have tough whiskers.

As to comparing a Schick Injector Type L to a DE razor, it depends which DE razor you are referencing. Some DE razors are aggressive, some are mild, and some are in between.

The same can be said for DE razors. Some are aggressive, some are mild, and some are in between.

You really have to try the various razors for yourself in order to have an informed judgment about which razors work best on your face.

Do you have injector blades? They are available on Amazon.com, or if you're lucky you might find injector blades at small independent pharmacies. If you find the Schick Injector Type L is way too mild for you, consider getting some NOS Schick Injector TWIN blades. (A twin injector blade is a single injector blade that has two mini blades built into it.) They are available from time to time on ebay.com, but they are a little expensive as they are no longer made. But they really improve the aggressiveness of a Type L. They can be used in all the milder injectors from Type I through Type O. But try the regular injector blades first. They may be fine for you and your whiskers.

BTW you will find injector blades last at least twice as long as DE blades.

Let us know how you like your razor, and let us know if you have further questions. Best wishes!

It's a very mild razor. Advertising for the razor sold it as an easy, safe, shower shaver. Doesn't mean you couldn't cut yourself by applying pressure so don't do that and you'll be fine :). Too mild for me FWIW.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's really hard to compare an Injector razor with DE razors because they don't resemble each other at all. Injectors tend to be much lighter, have a completely different head geometry, have a differently shaped handle, and shave at a different angle than DEs. They have a smaller head and can get into the hard-to-shave areas of a beard better than DEs. Finally, the blades are thicker and more rigid than DE blades and last much longer. Personally, I enjoy Injectors more than DEs or the GEM-type SE razors, but YMMV. They're cheap enough on eBay that you can get one and try it, then decide for yourself how it feels.

I found this Easy Rider injector in a barely used condition. I just couldn't resist buying it.I can't wait to try it out for the first time.
Im lucky to have an independent pharmacy that stocks Schick Injector blades in packs of 7.

The good thing might be that it's utilitarian. I won't have to mess around with different blades like people do with DE samplers.

Can't wait to try this out. It looks like it's in good condition

I'm lucky a local drugstore carries Schick injector refills

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 31
I just tried the Injector for the first time. It feels like cheating. It's basically in between a DE and a cart. I had a couple red nicks because I pressed too hard, but it looks very simple still.

How many shaves do you get out of an injector blade?

I just tried the Injector for the first time. It feels like cheating. It's basically in between a DE and a cart. I had a couple red nicks because I pressed too hard, but it looks very simple still.

How many shaves do you get out of an injector blade?

It's going to be different for everybody, but I get about 25 shaves from a Chick and about 50 shaves from a Japanese twin blade.

I noticed that Injectors maneuver much more simply under the nose and the like. But they can still bite if you don't watch the angle/pressure.

My Easy Rider razor has the code M31 on it. I wonder what that means?

Ill probably keep this as a daily, and a Quattro cartridge for travel

It's a Schick production code that has nothing to do with the A through O naming tradition enthusiasts have adopted.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My best guess is M stands for Milford (Connecticut) where the Schick factory was located, and the 31 may stand for a machine or an operator. As stated above, it's a production code that is meaningless to any of us.

I see.
I'm still unsure as to what type of Injector this Easy Rider razor is. The movie Easy Rider is from 1969, so I guess it could be from there.

As for the injector refills, I am surprised that independent pharmacies sometimes still have them. It's basically a niche within a niche

The Easy Rider razor has absolutely nothing to do with the Easy Rider movie. First off this razor wasn't produced until 1971 and was only made in 1971 and 1972. The move came out in 1969. Secondly the Easy Rider refers to the changes made to the guard on the razor as seen here from this commercial in 1971.

See the guard bar those bumps is what Easy Rider is referring to in the commercial.

Attachments

• sea1.jpg
    sea1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom