What's new

How is the Dollar Shave Club cream that comes in a tube?

I'm not talking about the Shave Butter. I did notice that the Dollar Shave Club has a cream in the tubes, and the back says you can also use it with a brush.

Has anyone tried it? I know that the other local creams like Harry's and Every Man Jack are only designed to be used brushless.

I was traveling recently and ran out of the shaving cream I was traveling with (King of Shaves, which isn't bad). Every Man Jack has been my go to lately, for reference. I found the Dollar Shave Club shaving cream at a big box store and decided to give it a go. I generally like it and have used it 6 or 7 times now. I think it seems similar to shaving creams like Art of Shaving (the unscented one), and it is quite a bit less expensive. I can't tell if it has a fragrance or not, as I have temporarily lost my sense of smell, but if it does, I don't think it is a strong one. It seems to provide pretty good lubrication.

I don't generally use a brush, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I have pretty sensitive skin and I notice a little tingling if I leave it on my face for more time than it takes to do a full pass with a razor, but once rinsed it's fine. That's probably my biggest criticism of it.

Top Bottom