What's new

How is Barbasol Sensitive? (The orange one)

So, at my local drugstore, I found all of the Barbasol cans except for the Yellow one.

How is the Barbasol Sensitive or Barbasol Aloe (the green one)? Any of you guys use it in a pinch?
I find that mixing water with it helps make it a little slicker

While millions use canned goop the chemicals in both the propellent and the "stuff" in the can are really hard on your skin. Better to find either a shaving creme or a brush/shaving soap to shave with. Skip the goop.......

I've tried it and it doesn't seem much different from for the others except for the fragrance.
Makes a great shoe polish to clean white tennis shoes though.

I always thought Barbasol was one of the more acceptable Canned Goos. Compared to Gillete Foamy, it seems more popular.
It could be because it's made by a domestic, American company

While millions use canned goop the chemicals in both the propellent and the "stuff" in the can are really hard on your skin. Better to find either a shaving creme or a brush/shaving soap to shave with. Skip the goop.......

While ...hundreds of B&B forum members believe this...a closer scrutiny of the ACTUAL ingredients in both canned "goo" and the vast majority of shaving soaps/creams will prove that they are almost THE SAME....:lol:...still if someone wants vegan,politically correct ,unmolested or holly shaving lubricants :thumbup1: these varieties can be found in both soap /cream or canned form....:001_rolle

My favorite canned foam is Pinaud Clubman. As far as Barbasol, my first choice is the green can (aloe) followed by the orange can (sensitive).

Barbasol's non aerosol (tube) is also a good choice.

Of all the canned shave lathers I find Barbasol to be the driest. I can get a decent shave from the stuff but it has little lubrication and will dry out before I can get through a shave. I really don't see much difference between Original and Sensitive and I have sensitive skin.

Why don't you try cream for sensitive skin, my works wonderful, and last longer than gillette's senstive foam (but I like the foam's smell).

I have an impression that canned goo in USA is cheaper that creams and soaps. Is that true? In my country is quite opposite, canned goo is twice more expensive than a solid shaving cream, even soaps at that price are easy to find.

Last edited:
Barbasol sensitive skin is my favorite. It has aloe in it as well as a few other ingredients not used in other barbasols. Barbasol soothing aloe has all the same basic ingredients as the original plus aloe. I might get hate mail for this but in my personal experience i get just as good a shave with barbasol can goo as i do with more expensive creams like proraso, cella, van der hagen, TOB, and cremo. Therefore i use all these creams regularly including barbasol

. I might get hate mail for this but in my personal experience i get just as good a shave with barbasol can goo

Why should you get hate mail for doing something that 80% of all men did since 1955?("Canned goo" came out in the late 40's and by the mid 50s it already had an 80% market share and EVERYBODY used to shave with a DE or SE razor back than).

Canned shaving foam is just soap and water after all :001_smile it does not really differ from a lathered up soap or cream (that are also full of "chemicals") ,the problem is that most men simply "paste it on" and don't "rub it in" like the should.

With proper DE technique you can get just as a smooth shave with canned foam as with the fancy creams and $300 shaving brushes.It will only be WAY faster.Trust me I've been doing it since 1980 (although I do use a brush and soap when I want to "pamper" myself with a long and relaxing ... 10 minute shave :lol:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment Razorcan. I honestly dont expect hate mail. I was just kiddin. But i do know that many wet shavers on B&B are very passionate about their creams and soaps and highly against canned goo and aerosal products. Now dont get me wrong. I very much enjoy the feeling of a classic barbershop type shave with a brush and lather. But if im not feeling it or if im in a hurry or tired, i find that barbersol as well as some of the other canned foams and gels perform just as well with a safety razor. I am a 100 percent convert from cartridge razors. Im a one blade safety man all the way. But im not convinced that a brush and cream or soap lather is absolutely necessary to get a good shave with a double edge razor. Of course this is my personal experience and opinion and YMMV

But im not convinced that a brush and cream or soap lather is absolutely necessary to get a good shave with a double edge razor.

And you are absolutely right. :thumbup1:

Get your DE/SE technique down and you can shave...well with anything ,I shaved with bar soap this weekend cause I was on a trip and didn't have shaving foam/creme with me and I had a great shave just like the ones I get with shaving foam or creams/soaps at home.

I still use my Barbasol Shaving foam and added a Col. Conk Lime shave soap.

I don't feel any difference in the smoothness or closeness of the shave, its that my face smells good after a shave with Col. Conk's lime soap.

$DSC03006a.jpg

Something else that's kind of ironic is that canned goo has been around since long before many of the brush & soap/cream zealots sprouted their first scraggly whiskers. :bored:

And you are absolutely right. :thumbup1:

Get your DE/SE technique down and you can shave...well with anything ,I shaved with bar soap this weekend cause I was on a trip and didn't have shaving foam/creme with me and I had a great shave just like the ones I get with shaving foam or creams/soaps at home.

I wet shaved with both DE and Trac II cartridge razors for many years using Ivory soap primarily and things went well. I now use mug soap and a brush exclusively but if I was in a hurry I wouldn't hesitate to lather up with my hands and a bar of Ivory soap.

Top Bottom