What's new

How I Manage Excess Lather

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
To answer the OP I normally shower after shaving so rub any excess lather into my face, scalp, and body before doing so as the lather contains many ingredients which are beneficial to the skin. If my wife is about to have a shower then I rub the excess lather into her body whilst explaining that it is for her benefit 👍
You sir are not only a genius, you are my hero, the way you are showing concern for the health of your wife's skin!

I squeeze up the lather out of the brush and wash my hands with it.

Feels really good and gives you a really good idea of the quality and post-shave of the lather. Plus, I think it's good for my hands.

I wash my hands with some of the lather after my 1st pass, just to see how it feels/smells on my hands. after all the passes, I wash my entire face with all of the excess lather.

FarmerTan

I almost mentioned you as I was pretty sure I remembered you being the one not rinsing a brush. But my memory fails e most when I give in and trust it.
I have a wife, so I am not entitled to a memory.

It's amazing to me how many times I am wrong in a day now that I am retired! Lol, I used to be right most of the time at work.

Woe is me! Pity party at my place tonight!

My brush is for using not a pet. I’ve been doing this for more then 5 yrs and the brush is like new.
/covers brush's aahhum, ears
"Its ok FoFo. The bad man didn't mean it. He doesn't know you like I do. I'd never treat you that way and you can be sure you'll be clean every night I share with you and you won't have to work more than once or twice - at most - a month! I promise. No, I'll never let that Bad Man touch you! it's ok, don't worry, now go back to bed and don't say anything about this to the others. They don't need to know. "

Sheesh! I almost had a riot here! If FoFo ever told any of the others it would be like 20 spoilt children running around having a tantrum & crying for hours! I'd never get any rest around here!

FarmerTan

My brush is for using not a pet. I’ve been doing this for more then 5 yrs and the brush is like new.
I would be willing to bet that any man shaving with a brush around the WW I era never rinsed his brush.

Water itself was a luxury, he probably used the same soap all the time, so he didn't need to get the perfumey smell out of it for another perfumey soap, and he was probably in a rush to get to work at a physical type of job.

Yes sir, I'm not complaining one bit that I was born during the Kennedy administration! Now if my country could only DO more for ME, then I would HAVE IT MADE! Instead I'm stuck living in the this country wishing I had cable TV so I could complain about having even MORE channels with nothing good on 'em! Why I may have to choose between Netflix and Disney and spend an hour arguing with my lovely War Department about what to watch!

Ladies and gents, I got it rough here!

To answer the OP I normally shower after shaving so rub any excess lather into my face, scalp, and body before doing so as the lather contains many ingredients which are beneficial to the skin. If my wife is about to have a shower then I rub the excess lather into her body whilst explaining that it is for her benefit 👍
👍👍👍👍👍

I wonder if I've been doing something wrong all these years. I rarely have excess lather. In fact, I sometimes wish I had a bit more for the third pass.
It could be a matter of needing a little more soap, a little more water, or a combination of the two. Have you tried loading your brush a little longer? What about blooming your soap? You could also try the suggestion of leaving any excess soap on your brush to help build lather for your next shave.

Top Bottom