What's new

How I fell out of love with the OneBlade Genesis

So last summer I opted for the $8 program where they ship you all three versions. I totally fell in love with the Genesis and bought one soon after. I would always use their shave cream and really liked it. Well I finally ran out of the cream and it just didn’t perform as well with any other soap. I would get razor burn and weepers, a rare occurrence for me. I sold it for what I paid for it. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a Oneblade Core and it is one of the best daily driver razors I enjoy, it is not as good as a Genesis in build. You rarely see a Oneblade for sale because people like them that much possibly. You might regret selling who knows?

I have a Oneblade Core and it is one of the best daily driver razors I enjoy, it is not as good as a Genesis in build. You rarely see a Oneblade for sale because people like them that much possibly. You might regret selling who knows?
I actually think I liked the Core more as a razor. The plastic head glided better. The Genesis just looked cooler.

I had the original OneBlade and after a few months I sold it. I found it to be boring. I will admit it gave me a perfect shave every time but it required no skill. Since shaving is sort of a hobby for me I like to have it require some skill just to make it more interesting.

LOL. No skill required and no drama. That's a good description of the OneBlade. It's the closest thing to idiot-proof I've ever seen. I respect the way you feel about it.

OTOH, those are exactly the qualities some other shavers might value. Truly a case of YMMV.

LOL. No skill required and no drama. That's a good description of the OneBlade. It's the closest thing to idiot-proof I've ever seen. I respect the way you feel about it.
OTOH, those are exactly the qualities some other shavers might value. Truly a case of YMMV.

Yes that is true. At first I really liked it. But then I got bored with it. It is well engineered I will give then credit for that.

Ron R

Yes that is true. At first I really liked it. But then I got bored with it. It is well engineered I will give then credit for that.
You guys make it sound like a cartridge razor, Making it a carefree shave is alright some times. I rather have a easy to learn razor than having to aggressive razor to shave with and paying the consequences of cuts & irritation. Anyways you guys are partially right, but it does take skill to get a nice shave regardless of what razor. Guys who have used the Core and not gotten a good shave just do not have the skills to get one and have to learn how to. :001_tt2:

If you have blades left over you can get an Autostrop. My VC2 uses the same blade as the Core, but adds that steampunk aspect.
😁
20200430_080642.jpg

Making it a carefree shave is alright some times. I rather have a easy to learn razor than having to aggressive razor to shave with and paying the consequences of cuts & irritation. Anyways you guys are partially right, but it does take skill to get a nice shave regardless of what razor.

The OneBlade definitely has it's place. It all comes down to a matter of preference. I think for most guys that shaving is not a hobby also, this razor would be their best bet.

Ron R

The OneBlade definitely has it's place. It all comes down to a matter of preference. I think for most guys that shaving is not a hobby also, this razor would be their best bet.
It sure has a place for those folks who get ingrown hairs and need the single edge to reduce this big problem for some ethnic folks and like you mentioned are not into a shaving hobby.
Have some great shaves!

I am a chicken nugget...I like idiot proof. I actually used my OneBlade BlackBlade today, and as folks have indicated above...perfect boring shave...exactly what I was after this afternoon!

Vr

Matt

F0CD6EE2-A477-4FFC-B172-75C6D6F10ADB.jpeg

Top Bottom